Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related. Sorry for the short one this week, but I’m on vacation!
- Check out the new feature from our coaches, the Whippet Wisdom, which Chris and Scott will work on and post every week! http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Russ also wrote a post about acupuncture. Check it out: http://www.dashingwhippets.
org/2015/07/30/to-reduce-your- fear-of-acupuncture-try- acupuncture/
- Singlets are back at Russ’s. Make sure to specify the size you want since are running out of some sizes. We will have new ones in soon. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We also have our shirts at Russ’s. RSVP here to pay and pick up at Russ’s shop! http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are planning a new order of jackets. Please RSVP here and let us know what sizes you want so we can do an order. You don’t need to pay now, but this will help us plan and you may get preference if we run low on sizes once we’ve ordered and you have RSVP’d. http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
These team points races are now open for registration:
- Fifth Avenue Mile: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Grete’s Gallop: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2015/memorial-sloan- ketterings-freds-team- presents-gretes-great-gallop- 131m
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Make sure to sign up for the road race. We’re going to have prizes from Brooklyn Running Company, BPA-free water bottles sponsored by Russ at RunnerClinicNYC and Fitletic running belts for every finisher.
- Our course has been USATF certified. Check out the course on the site here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- We would love a few volunteers for the road race, especially a few bike marshalls. RSVP here! http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are also having a post-race party. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results:
- I’ll make sure to get a Team Champs writeup in next week’s wag (on vacation now), but the team did great! Our open women solidified third place, our men are going to be in a tight race for fifth place throughout the year. Our masters teams are also going to be in tight races, so the next few races are going to be extremely important.
- Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
org/race-result-submission- form/ Please enter results as far back as to when you first joined the team!
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.