Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Russ is out of the country for several weeks, but we got a new batch of singlets. Email me at email@example.com so we can arrange getting one to you if you need one!
- If you are doing the Pride Run this weekend, RSVP here. Plan to meet at baggage 45 minutes before the race to warm up!
- Our road race is open for registration. It will be a 5k on August 15 at Astoria Park: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- We need more volunteers for Boomer’s 4M so we get one NYC Marathon spot this year and 5 next year. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
The following team points races are now open for registration:
- Team Championships (men): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team Championships (women): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Fifth Avenue Mile: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Last weekend, the DWRT women came in second place at the Queens 10k, led by Tatyana Abugova and Tiffany Golden Stone, who were the 6th and 10th women overall. Elena Varas Saiz, Amanda Harnishfeger, and Maria Vlassenko rounded out the top five women. Our men’s team was led by Patrick Flynn, Nick Avon, and Daniil Blinov, while Frank Drury came in 2nd in his age group.
- Also running great races last weekend, were Laura Kail, who won her hometown’s 5k, Henrietta Aitken, who won the Running of the Balls 10k, and Elizabeth Maiuolo, who came in third in the Harlem One Mile Race
- Two weekends ago, DWRT came in 5th place overall in the Mini 10k to hold onto 3rd overall for the season. Our masters women’s team placed 2nd to stay in 1st place through 4 races. The women were led by Emmi Aguillard and Francesca Delucia, who each ran under 41:00 in hot conditions. Laura Huselton, Jesse Baldwin-Philippi, and Kim Martineau rounded out the top five women on the team and led 9 women under 7:00 pace. Patricia Choux, Jen Herring, and newcomer Laura Stephen also placed in the top ten in their age groups!
- Garret Burger won the Walkway Marathon in New York’s Hudson Valley, running 2:57:36 in the heat!
- Peak Training: Summer Hills: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- Summer Running: How to Stand the Heat: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- Ron Clarke’s Record-Setting 1965: http://www.runnersworld.com/
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.