Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
We now have our singlets at Russ’s office. Please see here for information and make sure to RSVP and pay for the singlet before picking up so Russ won’t have to deal with cash! We are running out of some sizes (like women’s XS) and have reordered. Please let Russ know what size you want before you head over to pick them up. New singlets will be in soon! http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Our road race is open for registration. It will be a 5k on August 15 at Astoria Park: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- If you are doing the Mini 10k, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you are cheering, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The Bronx 10 Miler is a points race and is nearing capacity. Register here! http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We are doing a run/brunch event on June 14. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- And a networking event on June 15 here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We will have a beer mile on June 18 at the East River Track. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- And our anniversary run is on June 19. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
The following team points races (besides the Bronx 10M) are now open for registration:
- Team Championships (men): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team Championships (women): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Fifth Avenue Mile: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the Retro 4M, the open men’s team came in 6th place to remain in 5th place on the year in the NYRR A Division. The masters men also placed 6th and the 50+ men placed 3rd, to remain in first place in the Division. The men were led by Skyler Mosenthal in 21:26 and Matt Maline in 21:46. In total, ten men ran under 6:00 per mile.
- Both the women’s open and masters teams came in first place and look to build on that going into their next points race, the Mini 10k. The women were led by Kim Martineau (25:40) and Brittany Haynes (26:46), each of whom were top 3 in their age group.
- The DWRT men also dominated at the Covered Bridges Half Marathon in Quechee, VT. James Wyper, Ning Zhou, Jared Dourdeville, Tim Plakas, and David Parkinson placed 3rd, 6th, 7th, 11th, and 17th, respectively.
Does Knowing Your Splits Help You Run Faster?: http://www.runnersworld.com/
Fear and Self-Loathing at the Races: http://www.runnersworld.com/
Shorter forecasting another running boom: http://www.recordonline.com/
Women’s 10,000m Final: Notre Dame’s Molly Seidel Wins a Crazy Race: http://www.letsrun.com/news/
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.