Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
– Matt and Simon
Sorry I skipped this last week! Here are the updates from Scotland Run:
- The team had a great performance at the Scotland Run 10k two weekends ago. Following that, the team standings should be:
- Our open women will continue to be third place, 4 points ahead of GNY and 4 points behind CPTC.
- Our open men will move into 5th place, just behind Warren Street and just ahead of VCTC, NBR, and the Harriers.
- Our masters women are still in first place – 6 points ahead of CPTC!
- Our masters men are in seventh place – in the mix with VCTC, NBR, and a few other teams.
- Our men’s 50+ team is still in first place as well! We are just ahead of VCTC, CPTC, and Brooklyn Road Running Club.
See results below.
Also, check out the blog post that David Roeske and Hugh Parker wrote about their awesome times at the NYC Half! http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our track meet is set for May 30th at the East River Park track. We will need volunteers for the meet. Please RSVP here if you would like to volunteer (http://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 221036639/) and forward the following link to anyone that is interested running! http://trackmeet. dashingwhippets.org.
- Join us for the Brooklyn Half Marathon preview on May 2. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We may still need a driver to drive bags from Grand Army to Coney Island. Any volunteers?
- DWRT members get 20% off at the Mile High Run Club in April (http://www.milehighrunclub.
com). Here’s the info: http://www.meetup.com/dashing- whippets/messages/boards/ thread/48866691
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Great results at the Scotland Run 10k. Our open women placed third and our masters women were first. Our open men were fifth, masters men were seventh, and our 50+ men were second. Several of our runners were in the top ten in their age group, including Carolina Pena, Alex Arslan, Ned Cunningham, Hugh Parker, Jon Kline, Jennie Cohen, Frank Drury, Emmi Aguillard, Kim Martineau, Edie Perkins, and Liz Maiuolo.
- Several other runners had outstanding performances, including Nicholas Avon (36:16 in his DWRT debut), Justin Anderson with a big PR in 36:51, Bethany Lesko ran 41:29 in her team debut (and I think that was a PR by almost a minute as well). Other Whippets with PRs included Louis Pelino, Jessie Zaccaro, Frank Adamo, Wilson Chau, and Heather Weneck.
- Sky did great at the 24 hour world championships, but had to drop out with an injury. The women’s team came in first place, however, so Sky comes home with a sweet gold medal. Congratulations and feel better, Sky!
- The DWRT women placed second in the Run for the Parks 4M! The women were led by Tiffany Golden-Stone and Georgina Norton. Ning Zhou, Tim McGarry, and Tim Mottau ran great times for the men. Also running solid PRs were Meredith Nadler and Daniela Alvarado!
- Four Men Hope to Move to Top Tier of U.S. Marathoning in Boston: http://www.runnersworld.com/
boston-marathon/four-men-hope- to-move-to-top-tier-of-us- marathoning-in-boston
- Jon Stewart Will Host Charity 5K in New York City: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- 10 Running Shoe Terms You Need to Know: http://running.competitor.com/
2015/04/photos/10-running- shoe-terms-you-need-to-know_ 125915#E3aByw8j6srU2woO.99
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.