Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
– Matt and Simon
- For the Scotland Run this weekend, meet Henrietta at 7:15 for warmups near baggage. After the race, check out the meetup here for information on the post-race gathering: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Our track meet is set for May 30th at the East River Park track. We just got our USATF sanction, so we’re excited about that. Also, the mile in the meet will be the RRCA State Championship and there will be medals for age group winners! Please forward the following link to anyone that is interested! http://trackmeet.
- NBR is holding their track meet on 4/24. Information is here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The Bronx 10M is open for registration. This is a popular race and a points race this year, so make sure to register at http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Great job at the Spring Meltdown 10k. The Whippet women came in first and the men placed third. Kim Martineau won her age group and Ethan Rouen, Brian Donaghy, Satoko Highstein, and Christine Peddy also placed in the top ten in their age groups.
- At the West Point Half Marathon, Joe Delano ran 1:26:00, Kristen Levy ran 1:37:48, Michelle Mason ran 1:46:43, and Young Cho ran 1:47:59.
- Jessie Zaccaro was the fourth overall woman at the Ladies First 5k while Molly McEwan was 13th overall and won her age group!
- An Exercise Physiologist Explains Why 800 Meters Hurts Like The Devil: http://fittish.deadspin.com/
an-exercise-physiologist- explains-why-800-meters-hurts- 1694552448
- The Hidden Variable Problem: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- George Spitz, Who Sparked Idea for Five-Borough NYC Marathon, Dies at 92: http://www.runnersworld.com/
general-interest/george-spitz- who-sparked-idea-for-five- borough-nyc-marathon-dies-at- 92
- The Entire Field DNFed This Race: http://www.runnersworld.com/
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.