Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
– Matt and Simon
- Fill out this form if you want to be matched with someone to pace with at the NYC half marathon this weekend: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/ 1zXJku4XkO76liOgvAGkT8CdRRmldv EykGyK-XyW1E3g/viewform
- Our track meet is tentatively set for May 30th at the East River Park track. It’s the same date as the Healthy Kidney, but we don’t usually have a huge turnout for that, so selected that date after the Portugal Day race was moved to our original date of June 7. Mark your calendars. More info coming soon!
- This is probably the last weekend of Central Park Thursday workouts since it’s finally warming up and the snow/ice on the track will be melted by next week (hopefully!)!
- The Front Runners are holding their annual indoor meet next Tuesday at the Armory: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- NBR is holding their meet on 4/24. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The More Women’s Half is not a points race, but is nearing capacity. Here’s info: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2015/more- magazinefitness-magazine- womens-half-marathon
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results: http://www.dashingwhippets.
In the Cherry Tree 10M, Katie Edwards placed fourth, first in her age group, in 1:09:38. Kim Martineau ran 1:10:49, Edie Perkins 1:12:13, Adrian Brune 1:18:42, Karen Lee 1:30:04, Kindre Harland 1:30:55, and Molly McEwan 1:34:36.
On the men’s side, Troy Squire was second overall in 58:39. Steve Wo and Louis Pelino finished in 1:10:11 and 1:10:12. Richie Hildebrand finished in 1:14:28. The relay team of AJ Khaw, Eric Morley, and Tessa Benau was second overall and first in the coed division!
At the USATF-NY Open and Masters Indoor Track Championship, Jon Kline ran 5:05 in the mile and Ned Cunningham ran 9:29 in the 3000 meters.
Rock ’n’ Roll Brooklyn Half Marathon Reveals its Course: http://www.runnersworld.com/
L.A. Marathon Preps For Record High Temperatures: http://www.runnersworld.com/
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.