End of the Year Party
Thanks to everyone that made the end of the year party a big success last weekend, especially the social committee (Kevin, Caitlin, Sarah, and Dan) and Tom, who took pictures all night. We had a great time celebrating the team’s accomplishments from 2014 and recognized the following award winners:
- Ultra Runner: Sky Canaves
- Team Spirit: Sarah Tin, Caitlin Jones, Sam Pagan
- Comeback Runner of the Year: Dearon Panossian and Ned Cunningham
- Outstanding Performance: Kate Snider
- Rob Petrocelli Award for Running through Adversity: Adilah Brodie and Jason Connolly
- Male Rookie of the Year: Hugh Parker
- Female Rookie of the Year: Tatyanna Abugova
- Male Most Improved Runner: Joe Delano
- Female Most Improved Runner: Martina Dimarco and Hannah Ursillo
- Male Masters Runner of the Year: Jonathan Kline and Frank Drury
- Female Masters Runner of the Year: Patricia Choux and Sara Dan
- Female MVP: Sarah Weaver and Francesca Delucia
- Male MVP: David Roeske and Chris Forti
Rich also announced the launching of our new site. We’re still going to use the Meetup site to RSVP for events and collect dues, but this new site will contain all of our updated information and serve as a portal to Meetup and other social media sites. Please explore it and let us know what you think. Thanks a ton to the website committee for pulling this off (Ellen, Rich, Jerlyn, Kevin, Madeleine, and Simon)!
Sponsored Runners Announcement
- With the great sponsorships we’ve been able to announce for 2015, we are announcing our Sponsored Runner program for 2015. This is initially going to be a bit of a pilot program and is meant to help us increase our visibility in the New York City running scene. Details are as follows:
- First, all runners who have a financial hardship (i.e. are in school, have limited resources, etc.) will have their dues waived, no questions asked. Let us know if you would like to apply to have those waived.
- Second, the team is going to reimburse up to 6 runners for 4 NYRR points races each in 2015 at the early registration rate (limit of a total of $25 per race per runner as some races are more expensive than others). The board has created a committee that will review applications with a variety of factors being considered, including speed, financial need, team spirit, and visibility.
- To apply, please fill out this link.
Boston Marathon Plan
Check out the Boston Marathon Plan here:
- We will be running to the Coney Island Polar Bear plunge again on New Year’s Day. RSVP here.
- If you got into the NYC Half, RSVP here.
- Register for the Washington Heights 5k – what will probably be the first points race of 2015 here.
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results:
Check out our results page on the new site for all the recent results.
Get to Know a Whippet:
Please let Rose know if you would like to be featured in a future “Better know a Whippet”