Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- If you are doing the Percy Sutton 5k, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- And if you are interested in the post race get-together, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Riri is organizing NYCM volunteering and the deadline is 8/31 to register. Please register on myNYRR!
- Certain heats of the Fifth Avenue Mile are nearing capacity, including the men’s and women’s 30-34 age group and the men’s and women’s 40-49 age group: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Eric is hosting a trail run in CT this weekend. Check out information here:https://www.meetup.com/
Run S.M.A.R.T. Program Roll-out
For information on the new Run S.M.A.R.T program the coaches are using, check out the presentation Megan put together here: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
After you sign up for the app, to get training plans pushed to you on the Run S.M.A.R.T. app, email email@example.com.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the NYRR 2018 France Run (8K), our women placed 1st. Barbara Mann (32:45); Lauren Lopez (33:09) and Lauren Dorsky (33:19) placed 2nd, 4th and 3rd in their AG. They were followed by Margaret Harpin (37:03) and Alyce Ge (39:56). The men placed 2nd thanks to Kerome Bramwell (29:05-6th AG); Eric Buscarino (30:17-7th AG); Chris Forti (30:39-5th AG); Stephan Brohme (31:39-3rd AG) and Tom Morgan (32:41). Mitchell Gouzenko (34:08) and Brett Slater (34:40) placed 8th and 6th in their AG.
- Three brave Whippets represented us at the Pike’s Peak Marathon in Manitou Springs, CO! Stephen Gnoza (5:46:43); Michael Miller (7:13:48) and Stephanie Gnoza (8:18:12) climbed 7,815 ft to reach the finish line located at 14,115 ft!
- Jeremy Arthur placed 10th OA and 3rd in his AG at the Brooklyn Mile last Sunday, finishing in 4:44.
- Kristyn Smith finished the Revel Mount Hood Marathon in 3:33:45, placing 10th in her AG.
2018 Points Races
- Percy Sutton 5K (full – 8/25/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (some heats are nearing capacity! – 9/9/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Bronx 10M (9/30/2018) (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (10/14/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (register by 2/15!): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.260980173. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Summer 5k-10k Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Fifth Avenue Mile/Track Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Massage Packages at Body Balance NYC
Nicole, at our massage partner – Body Balance NYC is offering us some great massage packages. Check them out here: https://bodybalancenyc.com/
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Thank you to our race partners Philadelphia Marathon, Broad Street Run, Hartford Marathon and Fort Lauderdale A1A Marathon. See Meetup for $10 and 15% off discount codes for Hartford and Fort Lauderdale, here: https://www.meetup.com/
DWRT’s 2018 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: