Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Make sure to sign up for the Queens 10k, which is the next points race that’s currently open. It will probably start nearing capacity soon. Here’s info:http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We are planning a joint track meet with NBR since both of the tracks we use are under construction. We are tentatively thinking June 9th at the Red Hook track. Stay tuned for details!
- Almost all of the open NYRR April races are nearing capacity, so sign up for them soon if you want to run them.
- If you’re new to the team, two good runs to check out are our easy runs on Mondays (https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 248335016/) and Wednesdays (https://www.meetup.com/ dashing-whippets/events/ 248817918/).
- Remember to RSVP here if you’re doing the NJ Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you will be in Boston to run or cheer at the Boston marathon, the Boston chapter of the Whippets is organizing a post race get together here:https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women placed third at the 2018 United Airlines NYC Half. After only one week, Jessica Chichester (8th AG) set another women team record of 1:18:15! She was followed by: Elizabeth Laseter (1:22:19); Kathleen Servidea (1:23:57-5th AG); Alaina Miller (1:24:20) and Laura Gann (1:25:37-9th AG). Barbara Mann (1:29:15) and Kim Martineau (1:29:57) placed 7th and 5th in their AG.
- On the men side, David Roeske (1:16:31) and Chris Dawes (1:22:32) both placed 9th in their AG. Bobby Liu (1:22:36) placed 10th in his AG. Placing top five for the guys were Karlo Mendoza, Thomas Garvey, Zach Custer, David R., and David Goldfarb.
- Also, some other great PRs (I think) were run by Garrett Burger, Jessica Chichester, Stephen Bione and Stephen Gnoza, Eric Buscarino, Kathleen Servidea, Matthew Feick, Laura Gann, Meghan Bongartz, Eliza Ragsdale, Heather Weneck, Jessie Zaccaro, June Luo, and Riri Nagao.
- At the Spring Fling 10K, Kristen Beren ran her longest post-partum run (and second race!), finishing in 1:02:46.
- And, I misreported Dorota’s time last week. She actually ran a 1:36:59, which was a PR!
Race for Edie 5k
The Dashing Whippets are pleased to be a Sponsor of the Race for Edie 5K, to be held May 20, 2018 in Prospect Park. A gifted runner and cyclist, Edie Perkins ran for the Dashing Whippets before moving to California in 2016. In April 2017, while cycling near L.A, Edie was struck by an SUV turning into her path. She sustained extensive injuries, and is paralyzed from the chest down. Edie’s friends have organized this 5K to assist with the costs of her care. To register:https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/
2018 Points Races
- UAE Healthy Kidney 10K (4/29/2018) (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Brooklyn Half (5/19/2018) (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Queens 10K (6/16/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team Champs (7/28/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Percy Sutton 5K (8/25/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (9/9/2018)
- Bronx 10M (9/30/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (10/14/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (register by 2/15!): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.260980173. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018)
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Holloway Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
New singlets coming soon!
- Boston Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Advanced NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Intermediate NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Brooklyn Half Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.
com/wp-content/uploads/2018/ 03/Brooklyn-Half-Training- Plan.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Ragnar Relay Discount Code
If you like Ragnars, then you’ll love $100 off of these two races: Ragnar Pennsylvania June 15-16, 2018 or Trail Ragnar Wawayanda Lake October 5-6, 2018. For the exclusive Dashing Whippets $100 off code, click the Ragnar link on our website, or go to our Deals Page on Meetup. Register at www.ragnarrelay.com
(See info on code here: https://www.meetup.com/
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: