Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Custom Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- The 5k on Monday is nearing capacity. This is the last open race to run to qualify for Team Championships if you haven’t run a race under the team name in the last 12 months! http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Register for Team Championships: Men: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-men-5m; women: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-women-5m
- The Bronx 10M is nearing capacity! Register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The last Tuesday Night Speed Series is on July 25 at Icahn Stadium. Information here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Olivier has made the Dutch National Championship finals in the 1500! You can watch it on Saturday, 7/15 live streaming here at 12:15 (I think): https://www.atletiek.nl/
asics-nk-atletiek/livestream or on their YouTube Channel (maybe): https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UC0jxWRT7rqjoanNfXV3aAQA
- Matan is organizing a run in the Palisades on July 22 in addition to the normal Saturday long runs. Information here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Ryan Hepworth (29:17) and Chris Forti (29:39) represented us at the Arielle Newman 5 Mile Run in Staten Island. Ryan came 1st in his AG and 5th OA while Chris placed 2nd in his AG and 8th OA.
- Cici Pandol ran a new PR of 46:11 at the Firecracker 10k.
2017 Points Races
- Team champs (August 5): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-men-5m and http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-women-5m
- Percy sutton (August 26): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- 5th Ave mile (September 10): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island half (October 8): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9)
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are $80. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Summer shorter distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2017/06/dwrt_ trainingplan_summer2017_ shortdistance.pdf
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, Custom Performance , RunnerClinic NYC, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts.
We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/