Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Dr. Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Finish Line PT, Dermalmedix, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- Our track meet is on April 22! See all the information here: http://trackmeet.
- And register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/
- We would love some help with our track meet. RSVP here to volunteer: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you want to go up to Boston to cheer for the marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are running or cheering at the Boston Marathon, come to the post race party: https://www.meetup.com/
- Join the Boston chapter for a shakeout run on Sunday: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re doing the BAA 5k, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Follow our instagram for pictures from Boston (taken by Garrett Burger): http://instagram.com/
- And our Twitter for results: http://twitter.com/
- Also, make sure to follow our Boston chapter’s social media accounts: Twitter: https://twitter.com/dwrtbos and Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/
- If you’re doing the NJ Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are doing a Brooklyn Half strategy session on May 3: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are doing our annual team meeting on May 10: https://www.meetup.com/
- Ragnar is paying for some beer and doing some giveaways on 4/24 during our Monday run. RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results (and good luck this weekend in Boston, Martina!)! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the 2017 UAE Healthy Kidney 10K, a club-point race, our women took 4th place. Jessy Scarpone (36:43) placed 9th in her AG. She was followed by Elizabeth Laseter (37:56); Brigette Kolson (38:01-5th AG); Molly Wawrzyniak (39:18) and Jesse Baldwin-Philippi (40:12-8th AG). Sarah Knox (46:03); Paula Scaminaci (46:27) and Mary Haskins (51:28) placed 8th, 5th and 9th in their AG.
- MacLean O’Donnell (32:47) placed 9th in his AG and led the men to 7th place. He was followed by Cory Helder (34:18); James Stucker (34:23); David Roeske (34:29-6th AG) and Karlo Mendoza (35:16-1st AG).
- Robert Meyer (35:24) placed 9th in his AG.
- We had some outstanding performances at the Paris Marathon 2017! Carolina Pena was our first woman and finished in 2:52:41. Francesca De Lucia ran a new PR of 2:54:24. Stephen Seeler and Chandler Rainey finished in 3:02:31 and 3:10:49.
- Lisa Ying ran a 2:05:44 at the Hollywood Half Marathon.
2017 Points Races
- Brooklyn half (Full) http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Queens 10k (Full)
- Team champs (August 5)
- Percy sutton (August 26)
- 5th Ave mile (September 10)
- Bronx 10m (September 24): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island half (October 8): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full)
- Ted Corbitt (December 9)
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Boston Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Brooklyn Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Dr. Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
Ragnar Discount: $150 off.
Ragnar fans! $150 off! If you’re interested in these four Ragnars, the team has a discount code worth $150 off your team registration. Eligible Ragnars: Pennsylvania (June 2), Reach the Beach (Sept. 15), Adirondacks (Sept. 22), and Wawayanda (Oct. 12).
Info and our code:
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/