Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Dr. Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
From the team blog:
- A post about running injuries from our sponsor, Dr. Andrew Rosen: http://www.dashingwhippets.
org/2017/03/07/spring-is-a- great-time-for-running- injuries-unfortunately/
- Perry’s Tokyo Marathon recap: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- New singlets are in! RSVP and email Custom PT about picking them up. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The NYRR 10k (second points race of the year) is now open: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The Queens 10k is nearing capacity. This is the fourth points race of the year and on June 17. Sign up here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Our track meet is on April 22! See all the information here: http://trackmeet.
- And register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/
- If you are interested in a Boston Marathon preview run, check out info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the Boston Marathon, make sure to RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
2017 Points Races
- Healthy Kidney10K (April 9): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Brooklyn half (full) http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Queens 10k (June 17 – nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team champs (August 5)
- Percy sutton (August 26)
- 5th Ave mile (September 10)
- Bronx 10m (September 24)
- Staten Island half (October 8)
- NYC Marathon (full): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
- Ted Corbitt (December 9)
- We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Boston Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Healthy Kidney 10k Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- NYC Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Brooklyn Half Marathon plan coming soon!
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Dr. Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
Ragnar Discount: $150 off.
Ragnar fans! $150 off! If you’re interested in these four Ragnars, the team has a discount code worth $150 off your team registration. Eligible Ragnars: Pennsylvania (June 2), Reach the Beach (Sept. 15), Adirondacks (Sept. 22), and Wawayanda (Oct. 12).
Info and our code: