Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
Thanks to everyone who donated to the team! We are 93% of our way to our goal. If you would still like to donate, you can do so here! https://www.crowdrise.com/
- NYRR XC Champs is next week. Register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Ted Corbitt is nearing capacity. This is the last points race of the year. Register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYRR first quarter of 2017 races are now open! Check them out at http://www.nyrr.org.
- NYC Half registration is open and closes on December 1. Check out info here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We are organizing gift wrapping for the needy on December 5. RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- CONGRATS, NYC MARATHONERS! What a great day it was for our team!
- The women took SECOND place! Our top-three women all finished well under the three-hour mark and placed in the top 50! Well done Jessica Chichester (2:53:30); Rachael Keller (2:55:25) and Chandler Rainey (2:56:42)!
- The men placed FOURTH thanks to David Roeske (2:34:49); Hugh Parker (2:35:21) and Cory Helder (2:40:24)!
- The Master’s Women Team took FIRST place thanks to Patricia Tirona, who ran a PR of 3:21:10; Emma Skygebjerg (3:23:09) and Elizabeth Miller, who ran a PR of 3:26:16.
- The Master’s Men Team took SECOND place thanks to Daniel Goding (2:43:39); Robert Scheungrab (2:48:51) andvChris Dawes (2:51:09).
- Lenny Shulgin (2:54:22); Brigette Kolson (3:00:13), Jane Seo (3:00:42); Danielle Schultz (3:40:00); Gabi Light (4:16:27) and Sarah Tin (4:37:38) all had an amazing marathon debut!
- So many people ran some outstanding PRs! Among them: Jordan Rose (2:52:37); Jeremy Cahill (3:02:41); Laura Huselton (3:08:16); Juan Becerra (3:14:21); Perry Anderson (3:15:46); Eileen Costa (3:30:51); Rachel Moncton (3:31:33); Cheryl Goldwasser (3:32:35); and Nicole Tilzer (3:54:22).
- At the 2016 Abbott Dash to the Finish 5K, our men placed 6th. Olivier Wijtenburg (16:25) was 9th in his AG and was followed by Cooper Kersey (16:57); Arjun Pundarika (17:47); Ryan Hepworth (17:57) and Michael Fosco (18:47).
- Stephan Brohme (20:29) and Mark Heller (20:45) placed 6th and 3rd in their AG.
- Our women placed fourth thanks to Jessy Scarpone (18:06); Carolina Pena (18:16), who placed 1st in her AG, Lucy Knowlton (19:37); Sky Canaves (19:45-3rd AG) and Caitlin Williamson (19:58).
- Carol Stickler (21:29) and Christine Peddy (22:24) placed 5th and 10th in their AG.
- Jacquii Alexander ran a PR of 24:19.
Ted Corbitt 15k (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.