Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
Thanks to everyone who already donated to the team! We already over 50% of our $5,000 goal. We had a Crowdrise campaign last year, during which we raised over $5,000 to support programs like paying Chris to coach, put on social and running events, and hold our track meet and road race. If you would like to donate this year, we’ve set up another Crowdrise campaign here:https://www.crowdrise.com/
- Come to the next Adidas run is on November 2 as a marathon shakeout run: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are doing a marathon bib pickup and dinner. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you are doing the NYC Marathon, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- To be introduced to other people on the team close to your goal time, fill out this pace form: https://goo.gl/forms/
- If you aren’t running the marathon, our cheer station is at mile 21. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The post-NYC Marathon party info is here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Join our Strava page before the marathon so you can use the nifty Flyby feature to compare yourself to everyone else who did the marathon! https://www.strava.com/clubs/
- Check out the PDF of the team’s presentation on NYC Marathon strategy (thanks Chris!): http://files.meetup.com/
- NYRR first quarter of 2017 races are now open! Check them out at http://www.nyrr.org.
- NYC Half registration is open and closes on December 1. Check out info here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Check out the Whippet of the Week (Evan Siegfried) here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Check out info for the USATF NY XC Championships here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- And the NYRR XC Champs is here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We are currently out of men’s medium and large singlets, but we will have good news on that very soon, I promise!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Some Whippets braved the crazy wind gusts in Bay Ridge last Saturday to represent us at the NYCRUNS Verrazano Festival Of Races Half Marathon. Stephen Dennison (1:23:55) placed 2nd in his AG. Elizabeth Maiuolo (1:41:58) was the 4th woman OA and placed 1st in her AG.
- Rick Gonzales BQd at the Baystate Marathon, running a time of 3:24:14!
- Marcela Johnson was the 3rd woman OA at the Brooklyn Greenway Half Marathon, finishing in 1:31:08.
- NYC Marathon (full): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- Fall Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
A deal from our massage wellness partner at Body BalanceMassage
A perfect gift for yourself or your favorite marathoner/ half marathoner. Our team Wellness Partner Body BalanceMassage is offering a two-sports massage for $200 special through the end of the year. This is a perfect opportunity to schedule a massage for this week, and schedule one for after a November marathon. Be sure to bring this email with you, and when you email or call Body Balance, mention that you are with the Dashing Whippets. Check out their site at http://bodybalancenyc.com/.
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
Adidas club run
The DWRT is pleased to be one of the lead team partners to Adidas, one of the world’s largest retailer of high-quality sportswear and running gear. Our next Adidas run is on November 2 at the Adidas store, Broadway and Houston Street. Bag drop is available.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.