Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
- We are doing a NYC Marathon strategy session on October 26. Check out info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you are doing the NYC Marathon, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you aren’t running the marathon, our cheer station is at mile 21. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The post-NYC Marathon party info is here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Our next Adidas run is on November 2. This should be a great shakeout run before the maraton:http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- NYRR first quarter of 2017 races are now open! Check them out at http://www.nyrr.org.
- NYC Half registration opens on October 20 and closes on December 1. Check out info here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Check out the Whippet of the Week (Elizabeth Miller) here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Check out info for the USATF NY XC Championships here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- And the NYRR XC Champs is here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We are currently out of men’s medium and large singlets. We’re working on getting more and will let everyone know when we do!
A deal from our massage wellness partner at Body BalanceMassage
A perfect gift for yourself or your favorite marathoner/ half marathoner. Our team Wellness Partner Body BalanceMassage is offering a two-sports massage for $200 special through the end of the year. This is a perfect opportunity to schedule a massage for this week, and schedule one for after a November marathon. Be sure to bring this email with you, and when you email or call Body Balance, mention that you are with the Dashing Whippets. Check out their site at http://bodybalancenyc.com/.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the Staten Island Half Marathon, our women took FIRST place despite the rain and the 18 mph head winds! Jessica Chichester ran a PR of 1:21:05 and placed 5th OA for the women. Rachael Keller (1:21:24) followed right after and was the 7th woman OA. Jessy Scarpone (1:24:04); Brigette Kolson (1:25:19) and Kaitlin Snapp (1:26:52) placed 7th, 6th and 4th in their AG.
- MacLean O’Donnell (1:16:53); Nick Grinlinton (1:19:25); Justin Shane (1:19:49-9th AG); Mark Degenhart (1:20:38) and Dan Barnes (1:20:58) led the men’s team to 7th place.
- The Master’s Women Team took third place thanks to Kim Martineau (1:30:13-2nd AG); Emma Skygebjerg (1:33:54-6th AG) and Elizabeth Miller (1:38:19).
- The Master’s Men Team placed 6th. Seoung Hoon Kang (1:26:00) was 3rd in his AG and was followed by Hiroyuki Tamura (1:26:16) and Bobby Liu (1:26:18).
- Anastasia Voevodin (1:28:18) and Chandler Rainey (1:29:00) placed 7th in their AG. Patricia Choux (1:36:16) placed 9th in her AG.
- So many people ran some amazing PRs! Congrats to: Dennis Ryan (1:28:25); Dennis Lin (1:59:16); Darlene Litam (1:55:21); Jaquii Alexander (1:55:17) and Jae Chung (1:34:27).
- Our men took FIRST place at the Staten Island 5K thanks to Matthew (17:50-5th OA); Terrence McGovern (17:51-6th OA); Young Cho (19:57-4th AG); Stephan Brohme (21:08-3rd AG) and Jeongmin Hong (26:06).
- We had a great showing at the Rock and Roll Brooklyn Half! Congrats to the following Dashing Whippets: Marie Killmond (1:31:42-8th AG); Jens Kanther (1:39:26); Richard Hsieh (1:33:32) and Heather Weneck, who ran a PR of 1:50:08!
- The Chicago Marathon was a huge success for many Whippets! Billy Washer ran an amazing 2:38:15! Jeremy Shingleton ran a 9-minute PR, finishing in 2:53:26. David Parkinson followed right after, running a PR time of 2:53:51. Ab Brody ran a 4:40PR, crossing the finish line in 3:02:24. Meredith Nadler improved her time by over 5 minutes, finishing in 3:35:11. Congrats also to Adam Beilman (3:56:21); Bobby Judge (3:29:21); Joseph Siefers (3:20:19) and Amortya Ray (3:54:55).
- Blaise Chow crushed the Mohawk Hudson River Marathon, running a PR time of 3:25:51 (and negative-splitting the race by over 3 minutes!).
- At the Bed-Stuy Restoration Corp. 10K, Jane Seo was the 6th woman OA (2nd AG), finishing in 38:59.
- At the Army 10 miler, Jerlyn Thomas ran a PR time of 1:18:05.
- NYC Marathon (full): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- Fall Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
Adidas club run
The DWRT is pleased to be one of the lead team partners to Adidas, one of the world’s largest retailer of high-quality sportswear and running gear. Our next Adidas run is on November 2 at the Adidas store, Broadway and Houston Street. Bag drop is available.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.