Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
- David Roeske is going to do a presentation of his trip to Everest at Runner Clinic NYC. Check out details here:http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are doing the metric marathon on 10/1. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The next adidas run is on 10/5. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- FRNY’s Blue Line Run (last 20 miles of the marathon is on 10/16: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Would anyone like to host the Bronx 10M cheer station? If so, let me know and RSVP here:http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you are doing the Berlin Marathon, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- And if you are doing Chicago, Jeremy is organizing a shake out run and getting people together to pick up bibs:http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- RSVP here if you are running it: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The Staten Island Half is also still nearing capacity. We are in some tight races in the NYRR points series, so please register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The last team points race, the Ted Corbitt 15k is now open. Register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We are currently out of men’s medium and large singlets. We’re working on getting more.
- Would anyone want free entry to the Rock and Roll Brooklyn Half? Let me or Michael know.
From the team blog:
- Check out Steve’s recap from the Lehigh Marathon: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Cassie posted upcoming XC Meets: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- And Chris’s latest Whippet Wisdom: http://www.dashingwhippets.
org/2016/09/13/whippet-wisdom- nyrr-marathon-tune-up-as-a- training-run/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Last Sunday’s Lehigh Valley Health Network Via Marathon turned out to be quite the disaster. At mile 7, a slow-moving train held up runners for up to ten minutes as it steadily made its way across the marathon course. Stephen Wo, Perry Anderson, Selina Satoko Highstein and Richard Hildebrand were among those runners. In spite of everything, they all still managed to finish in a very respectable time. Steve (3:06:51) placed 21st OA and 5th in his AG. He followed by Perry (3:29:11); Selina (3:48:54) and Richie (3:51:52). Congratulations guys for still giving your best effort in such an unfortunate situation!
- Chandler Rainey placed FIRST OA for the women at the Lake Placid Classic Half Marathon, finishing in a time of 1:27:00.
- Scott Batten (23:56) placed 3rd in his AG at the Front Runners New York 14th Annual XC Meet in Van Cortlandt Park.
- At the Sunnyside Post Mile, Jenna Moulton placed 2nd for the women and 10th OA, finishing in a time of 5:55.
- Bronx 10M (closed): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (full): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110.
See info below:
Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Bronx 10M/Staten Island Half Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
Adidas club run
The DWRT is pleased to be one of the lead team partners to Adidas, one of the world’s largest retailer of high-quality sportswear and running gear. Our next Adidas run is on October 5 at the Adidas store, Broadway and Houston Street. Bag drop is available.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.