Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, and Fitletic, Inc.
- We need more volunteers for our team volunteering at the Corporate Challenge on June 1. Make sure to RSVP here. We are going to work out a deal at a local bar so we can have fun afterward! http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you are new to the team, our Monday easy runs are a great intro to the team. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are bringing back our Wednesday morning runs next week. The first week, Jordan is going to host the run and will lead a 7:30 or so pace group. The next week Francesca will join and lead an 8:00 pace group. If anyone else would like to volunteer to lead other paces, please RSVP and say so! Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you are into track, the Tuesday Night Speed Series starts in June. Info for the first one here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Team points races are listed here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Make sure to join our team Strava page here: https://www.strava.com/clubs/
- Retro 4M (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Pride Run (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Men’s Team Champs: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Women’s Team Champs: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Percy Sutton 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon: http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16 (full)
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results!
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here:http://www.
- We had 262 Whippets running the NYRR Brooklyn Half Marathon last Saturday!
- The Brooklyn Half was the second club point-race of the year.
- Our women placed 4th thanks to some outstanding performances from Michelle Rafferty (1:21:34-6th AG); Elizabeth Laseter and Jessica Chichester, who ran an identical time of 1:22:19; Carolina Pena (1:23:37) and Jennie Cohen (10th AG).
- The Masters Women’s Team won its division thanks to Carolina Pena, who finished in 1:23:37 and placed 1st in her AG, Kim Martineau (1:30:08-8th AG) and Patricia Choux (1:34:45 – 10th AG).
- Our men took 8th place. They were led by Luke Baltrusch (1:16:21) and followed by Jared Dourdeville (1:16:26); Skyler Mosenthal (1:16:54); Eric Morley (1:17:37) and Mark Degenhart (1:17:54).
- The Masters Men’s Team placed 7th in its division thanks to Seoung Hoon Kang (1:23:29-7th AG); Ming-chang Tsai (1:23:57) and Frank Drury (1:24:43-1st AG).
- Many team members ran amazing PRs! Congrats to: Ab Brody (1:23:13); Brigette Kolson (1:28:25); Tatyana Abugova (1:28:26); Perry Anderson (1:28:31); Richie Hildebrand (1:32:47); Daniel Deluna (1:34:36); Cara Rabin (1:34:38); Patricia Tirona (1:35:01); Megan Jones (1:37:54); Gabi Light (1:42:33) and Heather Weneck (1:52:26).
- Eytan Kurshan placed 1st overall at the Generosity Brooklyn 5k, finishing in 17:59.
For a limited time, we are reducing the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. Apparel will be available at Custom PT at the seminar tonight!
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Post-Brooklyn Half Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- Fall Marathon Plan coming soon!