Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Brooklyn Roasting Company, and Fitletic, Inc. Fitletics and RunnerClinicNYC have renewed their 2015 sponsorship into 2016 and Brooklyn Roasting Company is new as a team sponsor this year!
- Make sure to RSVP to the party and awards here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We will be raffling off three Fitletic hydration belts, a rental of Russ’s new Normatec Compression System, and 2 Adidas running jackets.
- Not only will we be honoring some great individual accomplishments, but we’ll also have a 3 hour open bar and some good food.
- Mark your calendar for January 28 at noon to register for the Brooklyn Half Marathon. This race may sell out within hours, so don’t delay registering when it opens: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Tonight is the second track workout where Chris will be coaching (as long as he recovers from a cold). RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are fielding a volunteer water station at the NYC Half. This will count as a +1 for the NYC Marathon in 2017 and the team will get 1 marathon spot for every 20 volunteers we get: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The follow-up to the core, agility and glute program at NY Custom PT is on January 27 at 7:00. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who will be writing up the results going forward! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the NYRR Joe Kleinerman 10K, our women place second thanks to Theresa Tufaro (41:56 – 2ndAG); Kate Cushing (42:51 – 8th AG); Brittany Haynes (44:36); Selina Satoko Highstein (45:55 – 9thAG) and Eileen Costa (46:14).
- At the NYCRUNS Cocoa Classic Central Park 5 & 10 Miler, Elizabeth Laseter (30:53) came in first for the women in the 5 miler and Samantha Creath (33:59) was first in her AG. In the 10 miler, Jennie Cohen (1:03:17) came in second for the women and Thomas Garvey (1:02:10) was second in his AG.
- London and Boston Marathons Announce Pro Fields: http://www.runnersworld.com/
elite-runners/london-and- boston-marathons-announce-pro- fields
- Young Runners at Risk for Bone Loss: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- Carbs Still on Top as Fuel: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- Washington Heights 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2016/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k
- Brooklyn Half: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Washington Heights 5k: http://files.meetup.com/
- NYC Half: http://files.meetup.com/
- Boston Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/
- NJ Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/
- If you’re interested in purchasing a singlet, please see info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/224233045/. We are currently trying to replenish several sizes.
- And you can purchase a short sleeved tech shirt. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- For long sleeved shirts, see here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- For team jackets, see here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-