Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
– Matt and Simon
- Our Thursday evening workout this week is being moved to Central Park from the East River Track due to snow. Check out the new meetup info here (for this week): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Remember that we also have our new Central Park morning workout on Thursdays: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We have a new member perk with 37% off Honey Stinger. See here for details: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We need volunteers for the NYC Half Marathon water station. If you’re going to cheer, might as well do it from a water station! This will help the team get marathon spots. Please RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/219826703/ and make sure to register at http://mynyrr.nyrr.org!
- If you’re doing the Gridiron 4M, RSVP here so we can communicate the pre-race plans: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The next Armory meet was moved to Thursday, February 5th from this week. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results: http://www.dashingwhi
- The DWRT women placed second as a team in the Fred Lebow Manhattan Half. The top five women were Jessica Chichester (1:29:45/9th overall woman), Patricia Choux (1:36:01/2nd in age group), Meghan Prin (1:39:05), Courtney Reidy (1:40:01) and Emi Matsuyama (1:44:49. Megan Jones had a 21 minute PR in 1:45:12! Many of the men’s team members ran the race at marathon pace in preparation for spring marathons. Josh Whitcraft and Justin Anderson led the way in 1:22:04/5th in AG and 1:24:44/9th in AG, respectively.
- Caroline Dampier ran the New Orleans Half Marathon in 1:33:01 (7:06 pace)!
- We also missed a few results the last few weeks – on January 18, Meghan Prin ran the Maui Oceanfront Half Marathon in 1:40:32. Hilary Lorenz ran a snowshoe race in Windy Point, Colorado, finishing the 4.22 mile course in 56:45. Brian Donaghy ran the Front Street Mile in Hamilton, Bermuda in 5:43.
- Also, back on January 11, Hilary Lorenz ran the Santa Fe Snowshoe Classic, covering 3.8 miles of snow in 53:18 to place third in her age group. Meanwhile, Jonathan Park and Katie Edwards ran the NYCRuns Winter Series. Jonathan ran the 10 miler in 1:08:48 to place 18th overall and Katie was the 1st overall female in the 5 miler in 33:47!
- Pre-Run Ibuprofen Won’t Improve Performance If You’re Already Sore: http://www.runnersworld.com/
injury-treatment/pre-run- ibuprofen-wont-improve- performance-if-youre-already- sore
- The Easy-Day Pace: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- Dathan Ritzenhein Throws Name Into the Mix at the USATF Cross: http://pro.runnerspace.com/
gprofile.php?mgroup_id=88&do= news&news_id=311150-Dathan- Ritzenhein-Throws-Name-Into- the-Mix-at-the-USATF-Cross- Country-Championships
- The Hunt Is Over: Here’s Who Shoveled The Boston Marathon Finish Line: http://www.wbur.org/2015/01/
- What It’s Like to be a Runner on ‘The Bachelor’: http://www.runnersworld.com/
celebrity-runners/what-its- like-to-be-a-runner-on-the- bachelor
- Matthew McConaughey to Star in Born to Run Film Adaptation: http://time.com/3686685/
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.