The 2017 Dashing Whippets Track Meet will be on Sat, April 22, 2017 at the East River Park Track, (East 6th Street and the East River). Registration opens at 8:00. First event is at at 8:30 am.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
Official Charity Partner: Girls on the Run, NYC Council
Girls on the Run inspires girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. A portion of the revenue of the event will be presented to Girls on the Run at the conclusion of the track meet.
Thank you to our Gold Level Sponsors
Thank you to our Silver Level Sponsors (Prizes and Event Support)
- Tracksmith. Style and Culture for the Competitive Runner
- Zensah. Innovative Products that Wow and Inspire Athletes to Achieve their Goals.
- Mile High Run Club. The First Boutique Studio Dedicated to the Sport of Running
- Brooklyn Roasting Company: 100% Fair Trade Coffee (and 100% Delicious!)
- Custom Performance/ New York Custom PT and Performance
- Citi Bike. New York’s popular bike sharing system.
- CityRow: A Smarter Workout for Better Results
- Verday Chlorophyll Water. Delicious and refreshing!
- Eat Your Coffee: Nutritious, caffeinated energy bars
Officially Certified, Sanctioned and Officiated By USA Track & Field
Order of Events:
- 5000 meters
- Zensah 4 x 200 meter relay
- 1 mile
- 400 meters
- 800 meters
- Mile High Run Club Distance Medley Relay (1200 – 400 – 800 – 1600)
- Tracksmith 4 x 400 meter relay
The 5000 will start at 8:30 and the 1 mile will start at 9:30 at the earliest (maybe later if the 5000 runs long. The schedule will be rolling after that. Women’s heats will be before men’s heats.
The cost to enter is $15 (plus $1.82 processing fee) to run as many events as you want to run. The meet will be USATF sanctioned and officiated by USATF officials.
The winner of individual events will receive a $50 Adidas gift card with second place receiving a $25 Amazon gift card. Winners of relay events will receive valuable and attractive merchandise prizes.
All members of the winning male and female relay teams will receive the following (coed teams will count as male teams):
- 4 x 200 m relay: Zensah Featherweight Leg Sleeves
- Distance Medley Relay: Gift cards to Mile High Run Club
- 4 x 400 m relay: Tracksmith Van Cortlandt shirts for the winning male team and Van Cortlandt singlets for the winning female team
The overall club winner of the meet will receive $100 and the club that brings the most members to the meet will receive another $100.