December 19 | USATF Central Park Holiday Classic 10k
- At the USATF Central Park Holiday Classic 10K in Central Park last Saturday, Meghan Prin represented the women finishing in 46:43.
- For the men, Ned Cunningham placed 5th overall and 3rd in his AG with a time of 33:52 and was followed by Jonathan Kline (37:34 – 1st AG), Zachary Shtogren (39:36 – 10th AG) and Skyler Mosenthal (39:57).
Early December | Miscellaneous
- The Ted Corbitt 15K this past Saturday was the last NYRR team point race of 2015. Our women placed 4th thanks to Elizabeth Laseter (58:09 – 5th AG); Henrietta Aitken (1:02:16 – 9th AG); Kim Martineau (1:03:18 – 3rd AG); Kristina Gracey (1:03:34) and Tatyana Abugova (1:03:53). The men came in 6th thanks to Hugh Parker (51:25 – 6th AG); Skyler Mosenthal (53:47); MacLean O’Donnell (54:46); Eric Morley (54:49) and Jonathan Weiss (54:54). Our master women came in 1st, led by Kim Martineau (1:03:18) and followed by Patricia Choux (1:06:50 – 6th AG) and Eileen Costa (1:11:11).
- Meanwhile in San Francisco, our women represented us at the USATF National Cross Country Championships, placing 34th in the 6km race. Congrats to Jennie Cohen (22:51); Kate Snider (23:34); Brigette Kolson (24:07); Jessica Chichester (24:23); Cassie Wallace (25:57) and Helene DeLone (26:00).
- Young Cho ran a 1:38:39 at the Holiday Half Marathon in Brooklyn last Saturday.
- Saturday, December 5th, was a pretty busy morning for our Whippets!
- Andrew Hadro placed 1st in his AG and 5th overall with a time of 1:07:32 at the Men’s Health Urbanathlon, an urban obstacle race that took place in Corona, NY.
- At the NYCRUNS Roosevelt Island Cocoa Classic 5K & 10K on Roosevelt Island, Joe Delano ran the 10K in 39:10 (2nd AG – 10th OA) while David Eng (19:55 – 2nd AG); Perry Anderson (20:44); Timothy Chow (21:30); David Geng (21:50) and Jessica Ong (24:04 – 8th AG) competed in the 5K.
- Meanwhile in Brooklyn, our women placed 2nd and our men placed 3rd at the NYRR Jingle Bell Jog. Congrats to Amy May (27:34 – 1st AG); Julia Siemon (28:16 – 7th AG); Laura Stephen (29:35 – 2nd AG); Jehan Marino (29:53); Jessie Zaccaro (29:59); Lenny Shulgin (23:18 – 1st AG); Joseph Brady (24:44 – 4th AG); Martin Dumas (24:44 – 7th AG); Timothy Mottau (25:32) and Stephan Brohme (26:23 – 3rd AG).
- Last, but not least, congrats to Megan Jones (2:33:41) and Kristen Levy (2:29:58) for placing 1st and 4th in their AG at the NYC Train Festival 25K. Kristen was the 8th woman overall and Megan took 9th place. Congrats, ladies!
November 27 | Turkey Trots
- At the Wellesley Turkey Trot 5K, Jordan Rose placed 2nd in his AG and 6th OA finishing in a time of 17:09.
- At the Gobble gobble gobble 4M, Franny Vignola ran a 27:44.
- Amy May was the 3rd female at the 34th Annual Ridgefield Turkey Trot 5K, finishing in 20:41.
- At the Lou Marli 66th annual turkey trot 3M run in Staten Island, Ryan Hepworth ran a 16:52 and Caitlin Jones ran a 24:48.
- Daniil Bilov (30:09) and Sarah Tin (41:41) represented us at the Ashenfelter 8k Classic.
- We had a big turnout at the Prospect Park Turkey Trot 5M! Andrew Hadro (29:30 – 7th OA) and Joe Delano (31:14) both placed first in their AG! Brian Donaghy placed 3rdin his AG with a time of 33:06. We also had strong performances from Daniela Alvarado (39:01), Nicole Connely (41:47), Cricky Cicchetti (44:34), and Valerie Baker (50:12).
- At the Face to Face 23rd Annual Turkey Trot 5M, Ned Cunningham placed 2nd in his AG and 3rd OA with a time of 27:31.
- Lara Kail ran a 20:17 at the Upper Saddle River 5K, placing 1st in her AG and 6th for the women.
- At the Massapequa Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot 5K, Young Cho placed 9th in his AG with a time of 20:02.
- Cassie Wallace was the 3rd woman (1st AG) at the Salvation Army Turkey Trot 5k, finishing in 20:34.
- At the Notre Dame Turkey Day 5K, Molly McEwan ran a PR of 24:45, placing 9th in her AG.
- On November 22, some Whippets represented us at the NYRR Pete McArdle Cross Country 15K in Van Cortland Park. Joe Delano placed 2nd in his AG and 7th OA with a time of 1:03:28. Cassie Wallace was the first woman with a time of 1:09:33. Dioris Romero (1:15:09) placed 1st in her AG and was the 5th woman. John Obrien (1:16:01) placed 3rd in his AG. Brittany Haynes ran a 1:17:35 and placed 6th in her AG.
November 15/16 | Misc.
- At the NYRR Fred Lebow Cross Country Championships 5K in Van Cortland Park last Sunday, our guys took third place thanks to Jordan Rose (18:07 – 6th AG), Eric Morley (18:59 – 5th AG), Stephen Wo (19:48 – 7th AG), Chris Forti (20:05 – 4th AG), and Joe Delano (20:09 – 5th AG).
- For the women, Cassie Wallace placed 8th in her AG with a 22:41 and Shaidah Hamlett placed 6th in her AG with a 32:50.
- We had some strong performances at the NYRR 60K in Central Park last Saturday!
- Our men placed first thanks to Jeffrey Zawadzki (4:53:02), John Ferry (5:07:41), Otto Lam (5:13:53), Roman Matuska (5:56:43), and Hideki Kinoshita (7:40:40).
- For the women, Jerlyn Thomas ran a PR of 5:56:33 and placed 4th in her AG while Michelle Mason placed 2nd in her AG with a 6:37:37, just two weeks after running the Javelina Jundred 100K!
- We had some Whippets representing us at the NYCRUNS Brooklyn Marathon this past Sunday! For the guys, Richie Hildebrand finished in 3:34:25. For the women, Raina Hafer shaved 2+ minutes off her one-month old marathon PR, running a 4:55:19, and Lisa Alfrey ran a 4:24:14!
- Ned Cunningham ran a PR of 15:56 at the St. Rita 5K in Alexandria, VA, this past Saturday, placing 1stin his AG and 4th overall.
November 8/9 | Misc.
- The 2015 USATF New York Open & Masters Cross Countries Championships took place at the Freshkills Park in Staten Island this past Sunday.
- In the Open Women division, our women placed first thanks to Kate Snider (38:38), who was the first woman overall, Jennie Cohen (39:17 – 3rd woman overall), and Brigette Kolson (42:10).
- In the Open Men division, our guys placed second thanks to Philip Young (36:53), Matthew Wong (37:14), Eric Morley (37:31), and Stephen Wo (39:35).
- Kristen Beren ran a PR of 24:53 at the CHiPs 5K in Prospect Park last Saturday, placing 2nd in her AG.
- Jordan Rose won the Trenton 10K this past Sunday, finishing in 35:27.
October 31/November 1 | Dash to the Finish/NYC Marathon/Misc.
- At the NYRR Dash to the Finish Line 5K on Saturday, our women took fourth place thanks to Carolina Pena (19:01 – 3rd AG), Kaitlyn Kiernan (19:34 – 8th AG), Brigette Kolson (19:52 – 10th AG), Caitleen Kahn (20:07 – 3rd AG) and Madeline Steiner 21:58.
- Our men came in sixth. They were led by Jordan Rose (17:10 – 9th AG) and followed by Eric Morley (17:19), Matthew Wong (17:37 – 7th), Okke Rutte (17:50) and Garrett Burger (18:05).
- Terrence McGovern (18:10) placed 8th in his AG and Frank Drury (18:41) and Mark Heller (18:41) placed 1st and 2nd in their AG.
- The TCS New York City Marathon 2015 was a humongous success for our team!
- Our women took THIRD PLACE! Thank you Jessica Chichester (2:59:19), Chandler Rainey (3:01:24) and Francesca DeLucia (3:04:46) for making that possible!
- Our men did an incredible job as well, placing FOURTH! Congrats to Hugh Parker (2:33:13), David Roeske (2:37:25) and Chris Dawes (2:39:06).
- All the people listed above placed in the top 100 for their gender! For the New York City Marathon, which is the largest marathon in the world, this is HUGE!
- Full results can be seen here.
- In total, 42 Whippets ran a BQ last Sunday.
- Special congrats on their 26.2 debut to Jeremy Shingleton (3:02:22), Emmi Aguillard (3:12:46); Laura Huselton (3:13:32), Cara Rabin (3:29:23), Megan Jones (3:30:53) and Sara Saori Dan (3:31:57).
- To all of you who ran the 26.2 miles from the Verrazzano Bridge to Central Park last Sunday, whether this was a PR, your first NYCM or your 100th marathon… WELL DONE!
- And last but not least… a HUGE THANK YOU to our cheering squad at mile 20.5 in the Bronx. You guys were truly amazing!
- At the HoBOOken 5k last Saturday, Ryan Hepworth ran a 17:33:33, placing 9th overall and 8th in his AG.
- Meanwhile in Arizona, our incredible Mama Whippet Michelle Mason completed the 13th Annual Javelina Jundred 100K in 25 hours and 48 minutes. Brava Mama!
October 24/25 | Miscellaneous Results
- Last Sunday, our women placed third at the NYRR Poland Spring Marathon Kickoff 5M in Central Park!
- Brittany Haynes was the leader, finishing in 34:30 (4th AG), and was followed by Alfheidur Saemundsson (35:35 – 4th AG), Christine Peddy (37:20), Martina Di Marco (37:24), and Beatrice Giurlani (39:30).
- We had a strong bunch of Whippets representing us at the 2015 Marine Corps Marathon! Congrats to: Rachel Moncton (3:40:15); Jose Laguerre (5:17:24); Margaret Harbaugh (4:48:24); Jerlyn Thomas (3:54:14); Caitlin Jones (4:36:51); Zain Cheng (4:10:44); Skyler Lewis (4:31:10) and Lisa Ying!
October 17/18 | Miscellaneous Results
- The second Beer Mile of the year organized by the Dashing Whippets took place last Thursday, October 15, at the East River Park Track.
- For the women, Jerlyn Thomas came in first (Budweiser – 7:55.1) and was followed by Alexandra Northington (Budweiser – 8:16.1), Hanah Stower (Budweiser – 8:26.0); Margaret Kurtz (PBR 10:12.5), Chloe Ficl (PBR – 10:16.6), Chandler Rainey (Budweiser – 10:21.0), Atlee Murphy (Budweiser – 13:14.7), Theresa Tufaro (Budweiser- 13:43.6), Simone L (Modelo – 15:18.6), Cassie Wallace (Budweiser- 17:09.5).
- For the men, Evan Cooper took first place (Budweiser – 6:03.9) and was followed by Oliver Whitenberg (Budweiser – 7:16.0), Taylor Hartstein (Budweiser – 7:21.8), Ben Miller (Narrangansett – 7:24.4), Ted Dickhuat (Miller – 8:00.2), Jeremy Shingleton (Budweiser – 8:01.7), Ryan Starbuck (Budweiser – 9:50.9), Clint Rainey (Budweiser – 10:14.1), Sam Burlingame (Founder’s IPA – 10:52.8), Eric Piazza (Budweiser – 12:24.4), Scott Batten (Beer/Soda – 12:49.4), Marvin Yang (Budweiser – 14:25.4), Kevin Beganics (Oscar Blues IPA – 14:30.0).
- Official results can be found here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Kaitlin Blakemore totally crushed the Columbus Marathon last Sunday, finishing in 3:26:21 (a 26min PR!) and qualifying for Boston 2017! Stay tuned for a race recap!
- Richie Hildebrand ran the Grand Rapids Marathon last Sunday, finishing in 3:27:28. He was just a few seconds off his PR, which he set just seven days before in Chicago!
- Keith Slyman finished the Seaside Half Marathon in 1:35:31, placing 2nd in his age group.
October 10/11 | Staten Island Half/Rock and Roll Brooklyn Half/Miscellaneous Results
- We had some great performances at the Staten Island Half Marathon this past Sunday!
- Our women came in FIRST and were led by Jessica Chichester (1:25:06), who was the third woman overall! She was followed by Emmi Aguillard (1:26:34 – 1st AG); Tessa Benau (1:28:00 – 4th AG); Chandler Rainey (1:28:04 – 5th AG) and Kaitlyn Kiernan (1:28:17 – 2nd AG).
- Our men placed third led by David Roeske (1:15:41 – 3rd AG) and followed by Alex Chan (1:19:43 – 5th AG); Philip Young (1:20:38 – 7th AG); Andrew Hadro (1:23:05) and Ryan Hepworth (1:23:11).
- In the Staten Island 5K, Mark Heller placed 1st in his AG with a 20:21.
- Meanwhile in Illinois, some of our Whippets were busy crushing the Bank of America Chicago Marathon 2015! Congrats to: David Parkinson (02:54:43); Nicole Tilzer (04:19:02); Tiffany Golden-Stone (03:22:47); Henrietta Aitken (03:08:48); Hanna Ursillo (03:26:31); Richie Hildebrand (3:27:05); Dearon Panossian (02:59:19); Theresa Tufaro (03:09:58); Kevin Tschirhart (03:23:43); Samatha Creath (03:04:53); Wilson Chau (03:55:51); Sue Jean Baek (03:50:01); Daniil Blinov (03:10:09); Selina Satoko (3:45:45); Anish Sharma (04:32:28); Sam Pagan (04:36:03); Jose Laguerre (04:59:48) and Merlin Montrevil (05:39:02). WELL DONE, GUYS!
- At the Kurt Steiner XC 5k, Cassie Wallance ran a 21:04, placing 2nd in her AG.
- A ton of Whippets ran the Rock and Roll Brooklyn Half Marathon, including Eytan Kurshan in 1:19:33, Kim Martineau in 1:30:28, Grace House 1:34:03, Celeste Hoelzl 1:34:21, Amy May 1:34:30, Cara Rabin 1:37:49, Michael Alcamo 1:40:32, and Brianna Mcloughlin in 1:47:05.
October 3/4 | Grete’s Gallop/Miscellaneous Results
- At the NYRR Grete’s Great Gallop 13.1M in Central Park last Sunday, both the women and the men got 4th place.
- The women were led by Kim Martineau (1:29:01 – 3rd AG) and followed by Lara Kail (1:30:24 – 6th AG), Atlee Murphy (1:31:06), Franny Vignola (1:33:12), and Leah Robbins (1:33:32).
- For the men, David Roeske came in first with a 1:14:46 (7th AG) and was followed by Chris Dawes (1:15:54 – 2nd AG), Jonathan Park (1:18:30), Eytan Kurshan (1:19:50), and Garrett Burger (1:21:09).
- For the Masters, our women came in first once again thanks to Kim Martineau (1:29:01 – 3rd AG), Patricia Choux (1:34:00 – 5th AG), and Eileen Costa (1:39:43).
- The Masters men were 5th and were led by Chris Dawes (1:15:54 – 2nd AG), Bobby Liu (1:26:51), and Brian Donaghy (1:29:54).
- At the NYRR Harry Murphy Cross Country 5K in Van Cortlandt Park, Mark Heller placed 2nd in his AG with a 0:21:18 and Michael Alcamo placed 6th in his AG with a 0:22:57.
- •At the Diva Half Marathon in Long Island, NY, Elizabeth Miller placed 1st in her AG and 4th overall running a PR of 1:34:30!
- Kinna Harland represented the Whippets in Portland, OR, running a PR of 4:01:54!
- Molly McEwan ran a PR of 1:53:37 at the Wineglass Half Marathon in Corning, NY!
- New member, Mark Degenhart, ran his debut half marathon at the Bay Ridge Half in 1:19:56.
September 26/27 | Bronx 10M/Miscellaneous Results
- This year, the Bronx 10-mile became a club point-race. Our women placed third led by Francesca DeLucia (1:03:23 – 5th AG) and followed by Georgina Norton (1:06:56 – 3rd AG), Emmi Aguillard (1:06:59 – 4th AG), Kim Martineau (1:07:25 – 3rd AG), and Tatyana Abugova (1:08:21 – 6th AG).
- Our men had outstanding performances as well, placing fifth. David Roeske was first with a 55:51 (9thAG) and was followed by Luke Baltrusch (56:18), Chris Dawes (57:16 – 5th AG), Jared Dourdeville (59:15 – 9th AG), and Ryan Hepworth (1:00:06).
- For the masters, our women placed FIRST thanks to Kim Martineau (1:07:25 – 3rd AG), Elizabeth miller (1:10:41 – 4th AG), and Patricia Choux (1:10:47 – 5th AG). Our men came in fifth led by Chris Dawes (57:16 – 5th AG) and followed by Seoung Hoon Kang (1:01:44), and Bobby Liu (1:04:34).
- In the 5K, Brigette Kolson was the second woman (1st AG) with a 19:26 and Sue Jean Baek placed 10thin her AG with a 23:28.
- MacLean O’Donnell was second at the first USATF Cross Country race of the season at Van Cortlandt Park in a time of 16:27!
- David Parkinson represented the Whippets in Old Lyme, CT at the Bound For The Sound 10K, running a PR of 37:27!
- At the NYCRUNS Squirrel Stampede 5K, Louis Pelino placed 2nd in his AG and 9th overall with a 20:20. Sarah Lazun was the second woman with a 21:28 (2nd AG) and Jessie Zaccaro placed 1st in her AG with a 22:17. Kristen Beren ran a PR of 25:56!
- At the GOwalk Your Dog 5K in Wolfe’s Pond Park, Staten Island, Megan Jones, Jerlyn Thomas, Nicole Tilzer, and Caitlin Jones placed 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th.
- Jehan Marino PRd AND BQd at the Berlin Marathon this past Sunday with a time of 3:38:35!
September 19/20 | Miscellaneous Results
It was a busy, successful weekend for the Dashing Whippets!
Even if most people treated this as a training run rather than an actual race, our women still managed to place third at the NYRR 2015 TCS New York City Marathon Tune-Up (18M) this past Sunday! Jessica Chichester was first with a 2:12:14 and placed 1st in her AG, followedby Frances Vignola (2:13:57 and 2nd in her AG). Tiffany Golden-Stone was third with a 2:19:17 and placed 7th in her AG, followed by Brittany Haynes (2:20:35) and Leah Robbins (2:20:42). Caitlin Williamson placed 5th in her AG with a 2:24:41.
For the men, Justin Anderson placed fifth in his age group with a 1:59:41.
Meanwhile, on the other side of the Hudson, Chris Dawes and Francesca DeLucia rocked the Newport Liberty Half Marathon! Chris placed second overall with a 1:18:17 and Francesca ran a PR of 1:26:08.
Down in Brooklyn, Samantha Creath was the second woman overall at the NYCRUNS CAR2GO Narrows Half Marathon, running a 1:31:02. Jennifer Hom ran a 1:43:14.
Jordan Rose was 4th place in the Morgantown Marathon in 2:53:09. Congratulations!
September 12/13 | Miscellaneous Results
The Whippets owned 5th Avenue this past Sunday! At the NYRR 5th Avenue Mile, our women got 5th place. Top five women were: Caitleen Kahn (05:20); Alaina Miller (05:25); Megan Lessard (5:25); Elizabeth Laester (5:29) and Jessica Chichester (5:31). Our men placed eighth, led by MacLean O’Donnell (04:23); David Roeske (04:40); Ning Zhou (04:47); Matthew Wong (04:48) and Jordan Rose (04:49).
At the Lehigh Valley VIA Marathon, Richard Hildebrand got a PR and broke 3:30! Moses Ahmadi ran the half and finished in 1:35:46.
Hugh Parker was third in the Hamptons Half in what turned out to be a tempo run in 1:15:59 and Zach Shtogren was 9th in the full marathon with a BQ in 3:04:53!
Late August/Early September | Miscellaneous Results
- At the Swanzey Covered Bridges Half Marathon in New Hampshire, Tim Plakas was 1st in his age group in 1:23:40 and David Parkinson was 2nd in his age group in 1:24:09. Daniela Alvarado had a 5 minute PR in 1:43:49 to win her age group!
- At the Henry Isola Cross Country 4M, Mark Heller won his age group with Katherine Meltzer and Michelle Fernie both placing third in theirs.
- Philipp Thier and Rick Thiounn were our top two runners at the France Run 8k, running 6:06 and 6:10 pace, respectively. Philipp, Brigette Kolson, and Bob Parsons were all top ten in their age group.
- Our women’s team was third place in the Percy Sutton 5k, led by Francesca DeLucia and Dioris Romero. Avi Ma’ayan, Francesca, and Dioris were all top ten in their age groups.
August 15 | DWRT 5k
Great job to all that participated! Please see the results of the road race here!
August 6-9 | R-U-N 5K/Misc
Both the women and the men placed 2nd. Garrett Burger ran 17:42, with several other men having PRs. Jeremy Shingleton finished 5th in his age group. Tessa Benau and Brigette Kolson both broke 20:00 and Julia Simon, Courntey Reidy, and Dioris Romero all placed in the top ten in their age group. Daniela Alvarado had a 60 second PR as well. Congratulations!
At the Griffith Park Luau 5k in Los Angeles, Matthew Wong came in 2nd overall with a time of 17:56.8. Hugh Park won the Chilmark Road Race 5k in 15:38. Daniela Alvarado
August 1 | Team Championships
The DWRT women had a great showing at Team Championships, placing 3rd, with 16 women running under 35:00. The team was led by Francesca Delucia, Jennie Cohen, and Jesse Baldwin-Phillippi, with Henrietta Aitken, Caitleen Kahn, Kim Martineau, Brigette Kolson, Bethany Lesko, Lara Kail, and Tatyana Abugova rounding out the top ten. Our masters women also performed well, placing 3rd and staying tied at the top of the masters standings.
The men’s team had a strong showing, but were edged out for 6th place to finish 7th. A solid 13 men broke 30:00, led by David Roeske, Ned Cunningham, Skyler Mosenthal, Jyrki Ruohomaki, and Jordan Rose. The masters men also performed well, placing 5th, with the 50+ team overcoming injuries to place 8th.
July 21 | Tuesday Night Speed Series
Several team records were set at the fourth Tuesday Night Speed Series! Scott Batten started off, running 400 meters in 61.24, to set the masters team record. Michael Alcamo then set the 50+ 400 meter record in 71.23 seconds. Elizabeth Laseter ran the fastest outdoor track time in team history in 5:23.88 and was followed closely by Jesse Baldwin-Phillippi in 5:32.95 seconds. Matt Wong and Terry McGovern ran the mile in 4:51.73 and 4:54.50. Scott, Jesse, Matt, and Terry then ran the 4×800 as a workout in 10:01.15 seconds!
July 11-12 | Miscellaneous
- At the USATF Club Track and Field National Championships, Elizabeth Laseter set the outdoor track 5,000 meter team record in 18:20. Ned Cunningham ran 16:23.
- Lara Kail ran a PR of 20:01 in the Part with Purpose 5k. She also ran the Westwood Dad’s Dash 5k in a prior PR of 20:52.
- Eric Morley ran a 5k PR at the Al Goldstein 5k in 17:17 and Blaise Chow ran 21:09.
And some other recent results from the past several weeks:
- Ryan Hepworth ran the Arielle Newman 5M Run in 29:28.
- Molly McEwan ran the Brooklyn Cyclones Take your Base 5k in 24:58,
- Liz Maiuolo ran the Harlem 1M in 6:28, the Al Goldstein 5k on June 17 in 21:33, and the Alive and Running 5k in 21:50.
- Tessa Benau ran the June 17th Al Goldstein in 20:10.
- Celia Kuala ran a Boston Qualifying 3:32:08 at the Bayshore Marathon!
June 27-28 | Pride Run 5M/Achilles 5M
On Saturday, the DWRT women placed third in the 5th points race of the year to further solidify our place in the standings. The men’s team placed 6th, to move up to 4th place on the year. Top ten age group placements were achieved by Jyrki Ruohomaki, David Roeske, Ning Zhou, Jonathan Kline, Elizabeth Laseter, Frank Drury, Emmi Aguillard, Francesca DeLucia, Jennie Cohen, Kim Martineau, and Caitlin Williamson.
The next day at the Achilles 5M, David Ruiz, David Winter, Matt Morris, Brigette Kolson, Elizabeth Maiuolo, Mark Heller, Kristen Levy, Sarah Lazun, and Patricia Slawuta all had top ten age group finishes as well!
June 20-21 | Queens 10k, TGNY 100, Miscellaneous
Last weekend, the DWRT women came in second place at the Queens 10k, led by Tatyana Abugova and Tiffany Golden Stone, who were the 6th and 10th women overall. Elena Varas Saiz, Amanda Harnishfeger, and Maria Vlassenko rounded out the top five women. Our men’s team was led by Patrick Flynn, Nick Avon, and Daniil Blinov, while Frank Drury came in 2nd in his age group.
Tommy Pyon won the TGNY 100 Mile race for the third straight year!
Also running great races last weekend, were Laura Kail, who won her hometown’s 5k, Henrietta Aitken, who won the Running of the Balls 10k, and Elizabeth Maiuolo, who came in third in the Harlem One Mile Race. Jyrki Ruohomaki won the Finland Center 5k in Prospect Park in a new masters record of 17:22.
June 13 | Mini 10k and Walkway Marathon
DWRT came in 5th place overall in the Mini 10k to hold onto 3rd overall for the season. Our masters women’s team placed 2nd to stay in 1st place through 4 races. The women were led by Emmi Aguillard and Francesca Delucia, who each ran under 41:00 in hot conditions. Laura Huselton, Jesse Baldwin-Philippi, and Kim Martineau rounded out the top five women on the team and led 9 women under 7:00 pace. Patricia Choux, Jen Herring, and newcomer Laura Stephen also placed in the top ten in their age groups!
Garret Burger won the Walkway Marathon in New York’s Hudson Valley, running 2:57:36 in the heat!
June 4-7 | Retro 4M and Covered Bridges Half Marathon
At the Retro 4M, the open men’s team came in 6th place to remain in 5th place on the year in the NYRR A Division. The masters men also placed 6th and the 50+ men placed 3rd, to remain in first place in the Division. The men were led by Skyler Mosenthal in 21:26 and Matt Maline in 21:46. In total, ten men ran under 6:00 per mile.
Both the women’s open and masters teams came in first place and look to build on that going into their next points race, the Mini 10k. The women were led by Kim Martineau (25:40) and Brittany Haynes (26:46), each of whom were top 3 in their age group.
The DWRT men also dominated at the Covered Bridges Half Marathon in Quechee, VT. James Wyper, Ning Zhou, Jared Dourdeville, Tim Plakas, and David Parkinson placed 3rd, 6th, 7th, 11th, and 17th, respectively.
Among the Whippets running the Chase Corporate Challenge, Matt Murphy and Terry McGovern covered the 3.2 mile course in 18:17 and 18:33, while Lara Kail ran 21:29.
May 30-31 | DWRT Track Meet, Healthy Kidney 10k, and various other races
We had an awesome track meet. See all the results here: http://trackmeet.dashingwhippets.org!
Our women’s team won another race, placing first in the Healthy Kidney 10k on Saturday. Whippets in the top ten in their age groups included Tatyana Abugova, Patricia Choux, Caitlin Williamson, and Daniela Czark. Congratulations!
In several marathons around the globe, Chris Dawes ran a 2:41:53 in the Stockholm Marathon and Tiffany Golden-Stone BQ’d with a 3:24:32 in the Minneapolis Marathon.
Also, Kaitlyn Kiernan ran the McCarren 5k in 21:10 (6:48 pace)!
May 24 | Mountains 2 Beach Marathon
Caitlin Jones ran the Mountains 2 Beach Marathon in 3:50:59!
May 16 | Brooklyn Half Marathon
DWRT came in fourth place in both the open men’s and women’s divisions and also stayed in first place overall in the women’s masters and men’s 50+ divisions. The men were led by Hugh Parker, who ran an outstanding 2 minute PR with a 1:12:24. Other great performances, included Skyler Mosenthal, Chris Dawes, Matt Boughton, and Jordan Rose, who led 9 men to under 1:20. 9 other men ran under 1:23.
Henrietta Aitken also had a huge PR, running 1:24:54. Jennie Cohen was right behind in 1:25:47. Jesse Baldwin-Philippi and Laura Huselton ran under 1:28 and 5 other women ran under 1:30.
May 10 | Japan Day 4M and Eugene Marathon
Hugh Parker crushed the Japan Day 4M, coming in 7th place overall and 1st in his age group in 21:06. Other strong performances were run by Tim Mottau in 24:14, Liz Maiuolo in 28:16 (4th in age group), and many others.
Kristen Levy qualified for Boston with a 3:32 and got engaged at the finish line. Congratulations!
May 2-3 | North Face Endurance Challenge and Hood to Hudson Relay
Several Whippets ran in the North Face Endurance Challenge at Bear Mountain. The marathon relay team that included Jeremy Shingleton, Eric Morley, and Skyler Mosenthal came in first place and broke the course record! Jerlyn Thomas ran 13:57:52 for the 50 mile race. Cassie Wangsness ran 7:10:02 for the 50k race.
At the Hood to Hudson 100 mile relay organized by NBR, the Whippets fielded two teams. The winning team was composed of Sam Burlingame, Yumiko Higaki, Louis Pelino, Steve Wo, Helen Dennis, Lauren Fouda, AJ Khaw, Aaron Sachs. The third place team was Megan Jones, Geraldine Yang, Jessica Chichester, Tatiana Abugova, Laura Costello, Sriram Narayan, Daniil Blinov, Scott Batten. Congratulations!
April 25-26 | NJ Marathon, Run as One 4M, Red Hook Crit, NBR Track Meet
We had several great performances at the NJ Marathon. Jon Park, Martina DiMarco, Lucy Clark all qualified for Boston. Also having solid performances were John Ferry, Richie Hildebrand, and Keith Slyman
In the Run as One, several Whippets had PRs, including Sean Gorski (24:42), Meredith Nadler (29:39), Sam Whatley (25:31), and Megan Jones (29:07). Frank Drury, Georgina Norton, and Elizabeth Maiuolo all finished in the top ten in their age group.
Jennie Cohen CRUSHED the Red Hook Crit 5k in 18:21, placing 5th and winning $150. Tessa Benau had a nice PR in 19:31. Eric Morley, Steve Wo, Joe Delano, Jessie Zacarro, Ellen Manuszek, and Daniela Alvarado also had great times.
Hugh Parker (4:46.11), Marvin Yang (5:15.50), and Rick Thiounn (5:52.13) all ran the Brooklyn Running Company Mile at the NBR track meet. The team of Scott Batten, Hugh, Rick, and Marvin won the Sprint Medley Relay.
April 20 | Boston Marathon
The Whippets had an amazing performance at the 2015 Boston Marathon. First, the open women placed fourth overall in the most elite marathon in the world!
The women were led by Natalie Busby and Carolina Pena, who both ran under 3:00. Francesca Delucia was close behind with a 3:05:42. Chandler Rainey ran 3:11:32. Emi Matsuyama, Emily Raisch, Jennifer Marino-Gabrielli, Valerie Smith, and Leah Robbins all ran under 3:30 with Christine Peddy, Andrea Leshak, Maria Jonsdottir, Virna Di Palma, Caroline Dampier, Eileen Costa, Jen Herring, and Megan Barstow all running solid races as well. Jen Herring’s performance ranked third in the visually impaired division!
Chris Dawes paced the men’s team with a new team masters record of 2:40:29. He was closely followed by Garrett Burger, Ning Zhou, and Josh Whitcraft, all of whom broke 2:50. Fred Hines, Taylor Hartstein, Tim Plakas, Xavi Giro, Andrew Hadro, and JP Desjardins all ran under 3:00, with Steve Wo, David Parkinson, Ab Brody, and Joe Delano breaking 3:10!
April 19 | More Women’s Half Marathon
The Dashing Whippets women won the NYRR More Women’s Half Marathon! Katie Edwards ran 1:33:45, Patricia Choux ran 1:36:22, Carol Stickler 1:38:24, Samantha Creath 1:39:15, and Atlee Murphy 1:39:34. Other solid performers included Jerlyn Thomas, Jen Hom, May Lai, and Kate Lee.
April 12 | Paris Marathon, Run for the Parks, Cherry Blossom 10M
At the Paris Marathon, DWRT had several standout performances and BQs. Tatyana Abugova and Kim Martineau both BQ’d with 3:11:42 and 3:12:40. Ethan Rouen and Brian Donaghy also ran Boston Qualifiers with 3:04:40 and 3:11:24. Valerie Baker ran a solid 4:57:16.
At the NYRR Run for the Parks, the DWRT women came in a solid 2nd place, led by Tiffany Golden-Stone and Georgina Norton in 27:23 and 27:35, respectively. Ning Zhou won his age group in a PR of 22:33. Other top ten AG performers were Tiffany and Georgina, Liz Maiuolo, and Christine Peddy. Keith Slyman, Juan Becerra, Tim Mottau, Meredith Nadler, Daniela Alvarado, and Lisa Huber also ran PRs!
Edie Perkins ran a great time at a slightly shortened Cherry Blossom 10 mile course today (due to a crime scene on the normal course). Edie ran 1:04:13 to place 20th in her age group!
April 4 | Scotland Run 10k
Great results at the Scotland Run 10k. Our open women placed third and our masters women were first. Our open men were fifth, masters men were seventh, and our 50+ men were second. Several of our runners were in the top ten in their age group, including Carolina Pena, Alex Arslan, Ned Cunningham, Hugh Parker, Jon Kline, Jennie Cohen, Frank Drury, Emmi Aguillard, Kim Martineau, Edie Perkins, and Liz Maiuolo.
Several other runners had outstanding performances, including Nicholas Avon (36:16 in his DWRT debut), Justin Anderson with a big PR in 36:51, Bethany Lesko ran 41:29 in her team debut (and I think that was a PR by almost a minute as well). Other Whippets with PRs included Louis Pelino, Jessie Zaccaro, Frank Adamo, Wilson Chau, and Heather Weneck.
- Our open women will continue to be third place, 4 points ahead of GNY and 4 points behind CPTC.
- Our open men will move into 5th place, just behind Warren Street and just ahead of VCTC, NBR, and the Harriers.
- Our masters women are still in first place – 6 points ahead of CPTC!
- Our masters men are in seventh place – in the mix with VCTC, NBR, and a few other teams.
- Our men’s 50+ team is still in first place as well! We are just ahead of VCTC, CPTC, and Brooklyn Road Running Club.
March 15 | New York City Half Marathon
DWRT had many amazing performances at the 2015 NYC Half Marathon – with probably our best showing ever in a half marathon by our men’s team. Hugh Parker and David Roeske worked together to run 1:14:13 and 1:14:32, respectively. Fred Hines ran a PR of 1:16:45 and Chris Dawes also broke 1:17 with a 1:16:59. Three other runners (Josh Novack, Ning Zhou, and Josh Whitcraft) all ran between 1:18 and 1:19). Also running outstanding times were Jonathan Park (1:26:04), Frank Drury (1:26:59 – 9th in his age group), and Brian Donaghy (1:28:14).
On the women’s side, Hannah Ursillo paced the team with a 1:29:43. Chandler Rainey, Norah Daly, Caroline Dampier, Leah Robbins, Courtney Reidy, and Patricia Choux all ran under 1:36. Other great times included Jennifer Marino-Gabrielli (1:36:15), Patricia Tirona (1:39:53), and Megan Jones with a 5 minute PR (1:39:55)!
Full results can be found here: http://web2.nyrrc.org/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/75177.1.692567269318753517
March 15 | Miscellaneous Results
Bobby Liu ran the 38th Annual NYPD vs FDNY 5 mile race in 31:26 to place 4th overall, Tito Sinha ran the Parade Day 5k in Rockaway NY in 23:42, Josh Whitcraft ran a 5:02 mile at the NYRR Night at the Races on 3/10/15, and Rick Thiounn completed the Antarctica Marathon to become a member of the 7 continents club.
At the Front Runners 2015 Invitational track meet, Jon Kline ran a 2:31 in the 800 and 4:55 in the 1500. Ned Cunningham ran a 9:23 in the 3000 and 4:18 in the 1500. Scott Batten ran the 3000 in 11:16.
March 7 and 8 | Frozen Penguin Half Marathon and Cherry Tree 10M
At the Frozen Penguin Half Marathon, Andrew Hadro came in third place in 1:24:37 in a slightly long course. Ab Brody ran 1:30:35, Paul Warthen 1:35:44, Rich Hsieh 1:36:59, Val Smith won her age group in 1:37:34, Lisa Hubner 1:55:57, and Heather Weneck in 2:07:49.
The next day, also in Brooklyn, Katie Edwards placed fourth, first in her age group, in 1:09:38. Kim Martineau ran 1:10:49, Edie Perkins 1:12:13, Adrian Brune 1:18:42, Karen Lee 1:30:04, Kindre Harland 1:30:55, and Molly McEwan 1:34:36.
On the men’s side, Troy Squire was second overall in 58:39. Steve Wo and Louis Pelino finished in 1:10:11 and 1:10:12. Richie Hildebrand finished in 1:14:28. The relay team of AJ Khaw, Eric Morley, and Tessa Benau was second overall and first in the coed division!
March 1 | Washington Heights 5k
DWRT had it’s best points race results in our history at the Washington Heights 5k. Our women’s masters team and our men’s 50+ teams won their divisions and start the year out in first place! Our women’s open team had it’s best ever showing in a points race with a third place finish. The open and masters men were each 7th place.
The women were led by Carolina Pena, who ran a 19:11 and placed second in her age group. She was closely followed by a pack of Laura Huselton (19:37), Francesca DeLucia (19:44), Lucy Clark (19:45), Emmi Aguillard (19:47), and Kim Martineau (19:53). Also running impressive times were Meghan Gutekunst (20:20), Katie Edwards (20:26), Hannah Ursillo (20:28), Courtney Reidy (20:43), and Caroline Dampier (20:57). Jerlyn Thomas and Eileen Costa both ran PRs in 22:46 and 23:04.
Ned Cunningham and Fred Hines paced the men’s team in 16:09 and 16:59 with the top five rounded out by David Roeske, Jonathan Kline (first in his age group), and Matthew Wong. Also breaking 6:00 per mile were Terrence McGovern, Eric Morley, Ryan Hepworth, Garett Burger, Chris Martalus, Ethan Rouen, and Chris Dawes. Frank Drury ran a great race, placing 9th in his age group.
February 20 and 22 | NYRR Night at the Races and Al Gordon 4M
Four Whippets competed at the third NYRR Night at the Races. Henrietta Aitken set the team’s track 5,000 meter record, running a fast 19:15. Ned Cunningham, Jon Kline, and Scott Batten also ran, with Ned running a 16:11 in the 5,000 meters and Jon and Scott running 2:22 and 2:31, respectively, in the 800 meters.
In the Al Gordon Classic 4M, the DWRT women placed first as a team and the men were second. Tatyana Abugova ran 25:51, with newcomers Katie Edwards and Edie Perkins running 26:57 and 28:07. Tatyana and Edie both won their age group with Katie placing fourth and Anna Grozhik placing third. On the men’s side, Eric Morley, Matthew Wong, and Andrew Hadro all broke 24:00, running 23:28, 23:30, and 23:44. Joining them to place in the top ten in their age group were Terrence McGovern, Jonathan Park, and Brian Donaghy.
February 4 and 7 | Empire State Building Run Up and Riverside Park Winter Series
David Roeske placed 12th at the Empire State Building Run Up, climbing the building in an impressive 12:51. Bobby Liu won his age group at the Winter Series 5k, running 19:55.
February 1 | Gridiron 4M
Will Newland and Javad Husain had PRs to lead the men in 24:19 and 24:45, respectively. Frank Drury was 4th in his age group. Courtney Reidy and Meghan Prin also had PRs in 27:38 and 27:56 to pace the women’s team. Ben Tischler and Cricky Cicchetti also had nice PRs.
January 25 | Fred Lebow Manhattan Half Marathon/New Orleans Half Marathon
The DWRT women placed second as a team in the Fred Lebow Manhattan Half. The top five women were Jessica Chichester (1:29:45/9th overall woman), Patricia Choux (1:36:01/2nd in age group), Meghan Prin (1:39:05), Courtney Reidy (1:40:01) and Emi Matsuyama (1:44:49. Megan Jones had a 21 minute PR in 1:45:12! Many of the men’s team members ran the race at marathon pace in preparation for spring marathons. Josh Whitcraft and Justin Anderson led the way in 1:22:04/5th in AG and 1:24:44/9th in AG, respectively.
Caroline Dampier ran the New Orleans Half Marathon in 1:33:01 (7:06 pace)!
January 18 | Miscellaneous Results
Three Whippets traveled to exotic locales this weekend to participate in some cool races. Meghan Prin ran the Maui Oceanfront Half Marathon in 1:40:32. Hilary Lorenz ran another snowshoe race in Windy Point, Colorado, finishing the 4.22 mile course in 56:45. Brian Donaghy ran the Front Street Mile in Hamilton, Bermuda in 5:43.
January 15 | Thursday Night at the Races
At the Thursday Night at the Races on January 15, Ned Cunningham ran 2:13.11 in the 800 and 4:43.01 in the mile. Chris Forti ran 2:20.69 and 5:05.81.
January 11 | Santa Fe Snowshoe Classic/NYCRuns Winter Series
Hilary Lorenz ran the Santa Fe Snowshoe Classic, covering 3.8 miles of snow in 53:18 to place third in her age group. Meanwhile, Jonathan Park and Katie Edwards ran the NYCRuns Winter Series. Jonathan ran the 10 miler in 1:08:48 to place 18th overall and Katie was the 1st overall female in the 5 miler in 33:47!
January 9-10 | Disney Half Marathon and Marathon
DWRT traveled to the Magic Kingdom this weekend. Francesca Delucia, Leah Robbins, and Richie Hildebrand did the Goofy Challenge (1:37:31/3:14:40, 1:44:46/3:29:58, and 1:43:38/4:07:57 respectively). Alexandra London (1:40:32) ran the half and Otto Lam (3:28:13), Lauren Russo (4:07:29, Chris Wong (4:21:32), Jerlyn Thomas (4:45:18 pacing a friend), and Meredith Nadler (4:10:44) ran the full marathon.
January 10 | Joe Kleinerman 10k
The Dashing Whippets women came in second place in the Joe Kleinerman 10k in the 17 degree temperatures. The women were paced by Hannah Ursillo, who ran a PR in 42:07. William Newland ran his first race for the team in 39:30. Mark Heller ran 43:36 to place 15th in the 50 to 54 age group. Full team results can be found here.
December 27, 2014 | Boston U Mini Meet
Chris Forti ran three solid times at the BU Mini Meet – running the indoor 3,000 in 9:55.83, the mile in 4:59.83, and tripling back to participate in a 4×1 mile relay, running a 5:05.39 split.
December 13, 2014 | Ted Corbit 15k
DWRT solidified our place in the NYRR standings with solid performances at the Ted Corbitt 15k in Central Park on December 13. Our open women’s team placed 6th overall, led by Henrietta Aitken (1:00:34) and Carolina Pena (1:00:54). Our open men’s team also placed 6th with David Roeske (53:23) and Josh Whitcraft (57:36) leading the pack. Most impressively, our women’s masters team placed third to move up to fifth place on the year. Full results can be found here.
December 13, 2014 | USATF Club Cross Country Championships
The Whippets fielded teams in the USATF Club Cross Country Championships for the first time. It was an honor to be one of only three New York City clubs to compete in the race, which was 6k for women and 10k for men. DWRT women were led by Jessica Chichester (23:38) and Kate Snider (23:58), while Ned Cunningham (34:04) and Skyler Mosenthal (34:08) paced the men. Jonathan Kline ran 36:44 to lead the master’s men’s team. Results can be found here.
November 2, 2014 | TCS New York City Marathon
A total of 156 runners represented the Dashing Whippets Running Team at the 2014 NYC Marathon, with the women’s team placing third overall. Click here to view the team’s full results at the 2014 TCS NYC Marathon.