September | Miscellaneous
- Ryan Hepworth placed 2nd OA at the Celic Run 4 Miler in Staten Island, running a PR time of 22:14. Coach Chris Forti took 6th place OA (1st AG), finishing in 23:26.
August | Miscellaneous
- At the 2017 Percy Sutton Harlem 5K Run, our women placed first. They were led by Kendall Lyons (17:38 – a new team record!) and Bianca Jackson (17:48), who placed 6th and 9th OA for the women. They were followed by Carly Graham (18:06-6th AG); Jennie Cohen (18:07-5th AG); and Emmi Aguillard (18:20-7th AG).
- Our men placed 4th thanks to Maclean O’donnel (15:34-3rd AG); Ned Cunningham (15:59-5thAG); Cory Helder (16:06-6th AG); Karlo Mendoza (16:28-1st AG) and Nick Grinlinton (16:41), who scored for the team during his first 5K ever!
- Meghan Bongartz (18:56) placed 8th in her AG. Kathleen Servidea (19:04) placed 1st in her AG. Lauren Dorsky (21:08) and Christine Peddy (21:28) placed 7th and 4th in their AG. Patricia Choux (21:35) and Paula Scaminaci (22:39) both placed 5th in their AG.
- Frederick Hines (17:01) and Michael Fosco (17:06) placed 8th and 9th in their AG. Mark Heller (20:58) placed 10th in their AG.
- Dave McGrath finished the Islandsbanki Reykjavik Marathon in 3:05:39, which was an eleven-minute PR and an almost five-minute BQ!
- Bianca Jackson was the first woman OA at the Peekskill Brewery Mile. She crossed the finish line in 5:10. Sarah Chiles was the second woman in 5:24. Karlo Mendoza was the third male in 4:38. Matthew Wong was fourth in 4:45. Garrett Burger (5:00), James Kelly (5:21), Stephen Wo (5:24), Scott Batten (5:30), Francesca Delucia (5:33), and Jennie Cohen (5:42) also ran strong races.
- At the Brooklyn Mile, Jessy Scarpone ran a 5:12, Carly Graham ran 5:17, Emmi Aguillard ran 5:21, Jeff Latz ran 4:58, and Laura Gann ran 5:29.
- Adam Beilman represented us at the Al Goldstein #7 in Brooklyn last week, finishing in 20:16.
- Peter Pedulla finished the Governors Island 10K in 49:31.
- Our women placed THIRD at the 2017 NYRR Team Championships! Jessy Scarpone, who placed 7th in her AG, was our first woman and finished in 29:56. Elizabeth Laseter (30:30) placed 8th in her AG. Kendall Lyons (30:30) and Brigette Kolson (30:52) both placed 9th in their AG. Carly Graham (31:07) as our fifth woman and she was followed by Lauren Dorsky (31:11-2nd AG); Chandler Rainey (31:13-10th AG); Emmi Aguillard (31:20); Kathleen Servidea (31:30-1st AG) and Meghan Bongartz (31:51).
- Megan Keane (33:18) and Kelsey Amarosa (33:38) placed 7th and 8th in their AG. Laura Gann (33:54) and Carol Stickler (35:06) placed 10th and 5th in their AG. Patricia Choux (36:09) and Laura Stephen (36:54) both placed 9th in their AG. Christine Peddy (33:52) placed 10th in her AG.
- Our men took FOURTH place! Keaton Naff placed 5th in his AG, finishing in 26:11. He was followed by Luke Baltrusch (26:16); Maclean O’donnell (26:32-9th AG); Ned Cunningham (26:40); Cory Helder (26:58); James Stucker (27:13); Spencer Duhaime (27:39); David Roeske (27:13-9th AG); Karlo Mendoza (27:51-1st AG) and Spencer Zidarich (27:51).
- Michael Fosco (28:30) and Jonathan Kline (29:15) placed 9th and 1st in their AG.
- At the Tuesday Night Speed Series on July 11, Linh Le ran 1:15 in the 400m. Meghan Bongartz, Matthew Wong and Terrence McGovern represented us in the 800m. Meghan placed 7th for the women, finishing in 2:38. Matthew (9th OA) and Terrence finished in 2:13 and 2:15.
- At the Al Goldstein 5k #5, Eric Morley (17:11) placed 2nd OA and Virna Di Palma finished in 20:51.
- Stephen Kress (17:03) placed 1st OA at the Brooklyn Cyclones Take Your Base 5K.
- Jens Kanther ran the Tracktown Summer Series 5K in 19:13.
- Ryan Hepworth (29:17) and Chris Forti (29:39) represented us at the Arielle Newman 5 Mile Run in Staten Island. Ryan came 1st in his AG and 5th OA while Chris placed 2nd in his AG and 8th OA.
- Cici Pandol ran a new PR of 46:11 at the Firecracker 10k.
- Our women placed 3rd at the 2017 Front Runners New York LGBT Pride Run (5M). Lauren Dorsky (31:58) was the 10th woman OA and placed 1st in her AG. She was followed by Chandler Rainey (32:00-6th AG); Katherine Edwards (35:33); Genevieve Coffey (35:55-7th AH) and Naomi Keena (40:16).
- Our men placed 5th thanks to Andrew Hadro (31:22); Dennis Ryan (32:52-9th AG); Young Cho (33:27); Mark Jurgens (35:05) and Zain Cheng (36:09). Mark Heller (38:02) placed 8th in his AG.
- At the 2017 Achilles Hope & Possibility (4M), both Michael Fosco (23:35) and Lauren Dorsky (25:06) placed 1st in their AG. Grace Berry (27:37) placed 2nd in her AG.
- Meghan Bongartz placed 5th in her AG at the Steamboat Classic 4M, finishing in 26:16.
- Martina Di Marco, Stephen Gnoza and Matan Korrub represented us at the Sleepy Hollow Triathlon, placing 1st OA as a relay team and finishing in 1:06:02. Stephanie Gnoza placed 1st in her AG, finishing in 1:20:57.
- The NYRR Queens 10K, a team-point race, took place last Saturday. Our women placed 4th thanks to Jessica Chichester (37:46-4th AG); Carly Graham (38:40-9th AG); Chandler Self (38:54-8th AG); Emmi Aguillard (39:08) and Brigette Kolson (39:37-9th AG). Ann Restak (41:30) placed 10th in her AG.
- Our men placed 4th as well. Justin Scheid (31:51) placed 10th OA. He was followed by James Stucker (33:21); Spencer Zidarich (34:54); Ned Cunningham (35:06) and Zach Custer (35:16). Michael Fosco (36:28); Matthew Wong (36:49) and Jonathan Kline (36:50) placed 5th, 8thand 1st in their AG. Michael Esposito (37:58) and Frank Drury (41:01) placed 6th and 9th in their AG. Congrats on their PRs to Nick Grinlinton (35:18) and Heather Weneck (48:54)!
- Yuliya Shyrokonis (1:35:38) was the first woman OA at the Brooklynite Half Marathon.
- Terrence McGovern ran a 05:05 at the Harlem 1-Miler, placing 9th OA and 5th in his AG.
- A group of Whippets ran and PR’d at the second Al Goldstein 5k in Prospect Park. Matt Maline won in 16:09. Eric Morley was 3rd in a PR of 16:58. Rory Coons, Katie Edwards, and Patricia Tirona also ran big PRs! Andrey Kirichenko ran 20:05 (although I’m not sure if that’s a PR!).
- Stephen Gnoza represented us at the Spring Lake 5M in New Jersey, finishing in 30:18 and placing 6th in his AG.
- Ryan Hepworth (22:40) placed 1st in his AG at the Staten Island Advance Memorial Day 4 Mile Run. Chris Forti ran 23:15 and was second in his AG.
- The 2017 Airbnb Brooklyn Half Marathon, a club-point race, took place last Saturday. Our women placed third! Jessy Scarpone, who finished in 1:20:51, placed 10th in her AG. She was followed by Kendall Lyons (1:22:24); Jessica Chichester (1:22:57), who placed 9thin her AG; Francesca DeLucia (1:23:10) and Brigette Kolson (1:24:23).
- The Women Master Team placed fourth. Kathleen Servidea finished in 1:27:07, placing 3rd in her AG. Kim Martineau (1:31:01) and Carol Stickler (1:36:39) both placed 8th in their AG.
- Our men placed sixth. Justin Scheid led the way, finishing in 1:08:40 and placing 3rd in his AG and 15th OA. Luke Baltrusch (1:12:12) placed 9th in his AG. He was followed by William Washer (1:13:41); James Stucker (1:14:45) and David Roeske (1:14:50-7th AG).
- Chris Dawes (1:19:13) placed 6th in his AG, leading the Men Master Team to 5th place. He was followed by Jason Brown (1:24:14) and Bobby Liu (1:26:16). Karlo Mendoza (1:15:45) placed 2nd in his AG. Congrats on their PRs to: Anastasia Voevodin (1:26:48); Dennis Ryan (1:27:02); Cara Rabin (1:32:38); Heather Weneck (1:46:48) and Hamish Alexander (1:58:27).
- A few Whippets represented us at the Sugarloaf Marathon last Sunday! Micheal Miller placed 2nd in his AG and 7th OA, finishing in 2:55:51. Meghan Bongartz (3:11:57) was the 7th woman OA and placed 2nd OA. Selina Sakoto Highstein ran a PR time of 3:44:44.
- Ryan Hepworth placed 4th OA and first in his AG at the NYPD Memorial 5k, running a new PR of 17:06.
- Our women placed first at the NYRR 2017 Japan Run (4M). Lauren Lopez (27:15) and Patricia Choux (27:43) placed 3rd and 2nd in their AG. They were followed by Lauren Theurkauf (29:37), Colleen McKown (29:44) and Elena Varas Saiz (30:30).
- The men took third place. David Roeske (22:20) placed 8th OA. He was followed by Michael Esposito (22:44 – 4th AG), Joshua Whitcraft (22:50 – 3rd AG), Stephen Dennison (24:01) and Rick Thiounn (24:47).
- Nicole Tilzer and Daniela Alvarado placed 1st and 2nd in their AG at the ALS 5K in Miami!
- At the Broad Street Run 10M in Philadelphia last Sunday, Bill Washer set a new team record in the 10 miler, finishing in 55:15! Young Cho (1:05:03) Jeff Nicastro (1:10:50) both ran a PR! Grace Berry finished in 1:12:08.
- It was a great day for the team at the Providence Marathon! Drew McDonald (3:19:37); Adam Beilman (3:38:06); Cici Pandol (3:53:40) and Laura McDonald (3:54:23) represented us in the marathon. James Kraemer, from our Boston chapter, ran his first marathon in 3:36:39!
- Joseph Siefers (1:37:43); Larissa Coyne (1:40:48); YoonSeok Lee (1:45:33) and Eugenia White (1:47:57) represented us in the half!
- Greg Pezolano finished the Belfast City Marathon in 3:00:59.
- Our women placed FIRST at the 2017 SHAPE Women’s Half Marathon. Meghan Bongartz placed 8th in her AG and finished in 1:31:08. Ann Restak (1:35:26); Barbara Mann (1:35:34) and Lauren Lopez (1:35:40) placed 6th, 7th and 9th in their AG. Kristen Anderson was our fifth woman and finished in 1:37:45. Patricia Choux (1:38:02) finished 2nd in her AG.
- We had some amazing performances at the New Jersey Marathon 2017! Steve Wo ran a PR of 2:57:29, breaking the 3:00-hour barrier for the first time and placing 9th in his AG. Stephen Gnoza ran a fifteen-minute PR, finishing in 3:03:46 and qualifying for Boston 2018. Lindsay Albala, who ran a ten-minute PR of 3:30:02, qualified for Boston as well! Kelsey Butler PRd in the half, finishing in 1:55:05.
- We had two women placing in the top 10 at the Red Hook Crit 5K. Brigette Kolson placed 9th OA, finishing in 18:37 and Elizabeth Laseter followed right after in 18:38.
- Mary Haskins placed 4th in her AG at the Revel Mt Charleston, finishing in 3:50:04.
- Our women placed 8th at the BAA Boston Marathon 2017! Our top finishers were Jessica Chichester (3:04:01); Samantha Creath (3:06:18); Emmi Aguillard (3:11:53); Bianca Jakson (3:20:30) and Cara Rabin (3:20:59).
- Congrats to Jordan Rose, who was our first man and ran a PR of 2:42:58! Laura Huselton, from our Boston chapter, ran an amazing PR of 3:03:07. Many others ran great races in the warm weather. Please check our results database in the next few days to see all of the Boston Marathon results!
- Our women placed 2nd at the 2017 Run as One (4M). Kathleen Servidea (24:58) placed 9th OA for the women. She was followed by Barbara Mann (25:29 -2nd AG); Lauren Lopez (27:06-9th AG); Juliana Ross (27:28 -5th AG) and Cheryl Goldwasser (27:30). Meghan Gutenkust (28:02) and Katie Haddock (30:53) both placed 7th in their AG. Michael Esposito (23:09) and Stephan Brohme (25:48) placed 5th and 9th in their AG.
- At the 2017 UAE Healthy Kidney 10K, a club-point race, our women took 4th place. Jessy Scarpone (36:43) placed 9th in her AG. She was followed by Elizabeth Laseter (37:56); Brigette Kolson (38:01-5th AG); Molly Wawrzyniak (39:18) and Jesse Baldwin-Philippi (40:12-8th AG). Sarah Knox (46:03); Paula Scaminaci (46:27) and Mary Haskins (51:28) placed 8th, 5th and 9th in their AG.
- MacLean O’Donnell (32:47) placed 9th in his AG and led the men to 7th place. He was followed by Cory Helder (34:18); James Stucker (34:23); David Roeske (34:29-6th AG) and Karlo Mendoza (35:16-1st AG).
- Robert Meyer (35:24) placed 9th in his AG.
- We had some outstanding performances at the Paris Marathon 2017! Carolina Pena was our first woman and finished in 2:52:41. Francesca De Lucia ran a new PR of 2:54:24. Stephen Seeler and Chandler Rainey finished in 3:02:31 and 3:10:49.
- Lisa Ying ran a 2:05:44 at the Hollywood Half Marathon.
- Our women placed first at the NYRR 2017 Boomer’s Cystic Fibrosis Run to Breathe (4M) Barbara Mann (25:41) was the first woman OA. Elizabeth Maiuolo (28:04) and Patricia Choux (28:31) placed 3rd and 2nd in their AG. They were followed by Kaela Mahon (29:00) and Elena Varas Saiz (29:47). Katie Haddock (31:03) placed 6th in her AG.
- The man placed second thanks to Bobby Liu (23:47– 3rd AG); Stephen Seeler (24:04-7th AG); Andrew Leibowitz (24:19-9th AG); Frank Drury (25:01-2nd AG) and Manus O’Callaghan (26:16). Bill Harris (26:34) placed 8th in his AG.
- Caitleen Kahn was the 4th woman OA (2nd AG) at 22nd Annual Donor Dash 10K, finishing in 40:26.
- Cheryl Goldwasser and Steve Lee represented us at the Cherry Blossom 10 miler in DC, finishing in 1:12:13 and 1:22:40.
- Our women placed second at the NYRR Central Park Spring Classic 10K. Rachel Jacqueline (43:30) placed 7th in her AG. Elizabeth Maiuolo (45:27) and Patricia Choux (45:28) both placed 2nd in their AG. They were followed by Eileen McShane (48:33) and Naomi Keena (48:55).
- The man placed third. Tim McGarry (35:18) placed 9th OA and 2nd in his AG. Ryan Hepworth (37:05) and Michael Esposito (37:22) placed 9th and 4th in their AG. They were followed by Stephen Seeler (38:52) and Jens Kanther (41:23).
- Billy Washer came in 9th overall at the Garden State 10 miler in 55:23!
- We had some amazing performances at the 2017 United Airlines NYC Half! Carolina Pena was our first woman and placed 2nd in her AG, finishing in 1:20:13. Bianca Jackson (1:22:47) and Kathleen Servidea (1:27:50) both placed 9th in their AG.
- Congrats on their PRs to: Jordan Rose (1:15:02); Stephen Gnoza (1:23:48); Emmi Aguillard (1:23:55); Samantha Creath (1:24:46); Perry Anderson (1:25:26); Anastasia Voevodin (1:27:29); Dennis Ryan (1:27:36); Maria Vlassenko (1:33:09); Danielle Schultz (1:36:36) and Nicole Tilzer (1:44:12)!
- The NYRR Washington Heights Salsa, Blues, and Shamrocks 5Kwas the first team point-race of the year! Our women placed 4th. Jessy Scarpone placed 7thOA for the women and finished in 17:52. She was followed by Jessica Chichester (18:16-5th AG); Brigette Kolson (18:26-7th AG); Elizabeth Laseter( 19:01) and Kathleen Servidea (19:42). Laura Gann (19:47); Kim Martineau (20:29) and Laura Stephen (23:12) placed 5thin their AG). Kristen Anderson (20:25)placed 7th in her AG. Christine Peddy (22:44) and Mary Askins (25:11) placed 8thin their AG. Juliana Ross (21:14) and Sarah Tobin (25:37) placed 10thin their AG.
- Our men placed 5ththanks to MacLean O’Donnell (16:04); Evan Flach (16:21); William Washer (16:43); Jordan Rose (16:48) and Cory Helder (16:55). Jon Kline (18:43) placed 1stin his AG. Cooper Kersey (17:06) placed 6thin his AG. Michael Fosco (17:41) placed 8thin his AG. Matthew Wong (17:48) placed 9thin his AG. Tim Travitx (18:13) placed 10thin his AG.
- Jessica Chichester battled some really strong headwinds last Saturday in Brooklyn and WON the NYCRUN Frozen Penguin Half Marathon!
- Joseph Siefers represented us at the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Half Marathonon February 5, finishing in 1:31:48.
- Congrats to Perry Anderson, Matan Korrub and Russ Stram, who represented us at the Tokyo marathon last Sunday! With his 3:10:56 finish, Perry punched his ticked to Boston 2018!
- Our men placed 2nd the 2017 NYRR Al Gordon Brooklyn 4M. Olivier Wijtenburg (20:39) placed 4th OA and 2nd in his AG. He was followed by Zach Custer (22:24-5th AG); Spencer Zidarich (22:46-5th AG); Eric Morley (22:51-7thAG) and Jonathan Park (22:52-8th AG). Alex Noble (23:07) and Matthew Wong (27:27) placed 7th in their AG. Fred Hines (23:05) and Michael Fosco (23:09) placed 6th and 1st in their AG. Terrence McGovern (23:26) and Neil Carragher (26:39) both placed 9th in their AG.
- The women took third place thanks to Caitleen Kahn (25:25), who placed 10th OA for the women. She was followed by Lauren Lopez (27:08-9th AG); Elizabeth Maiuolo (28:12-3rd AG); Michelle Lin (28:38) and Patricia Tirona (28:46-5th AG). Sarah Tobin (34:11) placed 5th in her AG.
- Mallory Brennan placed 5th in her AG at the Fort Lauderdale A1A Marathon, finishing in 3:42:47.
- At the PPTC Cherry Tree 10 Miler & Relay in Prospect Park, both Francesca DeLucia (1:05:06) and Kim Martineau (1:11:44) placed 1st in their AG. Sarah Tobin’s relay team with Laura Stephen and Mary Haskins placed 2nd in their age group (1:20:17) and Michael Fosco (1:02:57) placed was 3rd in his AG. Stephen Dennison finished in 1:07:30.
- Jacquii Alexander placed 7th OA for the wome at the Dirty Feet 5K snowshoe race in Big White (BC, Canada).
- At the NYRR Gridiron 4M, both our women and our men took third place!
- The women were led by Barbara Mann (25:47-4th AG) and followed by Kristen Anderson (26:42-7th AG); Courtney Reidy (27:10-10th AG); Lauren Lopez (27:16) and Genevieve Coffey (27:25). Elizabeth Maiuolo (28:51) placed 8th in her AG.
- Justin Scheid placed 2nd OA and 1st in his AG, finishing in 20:29. He was followed by Jordan Rose (21:40-3rd AG); Ryan Hepworth (22:40-6th AG); Michael Fosco (23:07-3rd AG) and Eric Buscarino (23:22).
- We had a few Whippets representing us at the Mile Mania Gran Prix #3 in Staten Island. Juliana Ross ran a 5:52 for the 1M and a 13:18 for the 2M. Lan Nguyen ran a 3:18 for the 800m; a 6:48 for the 1M and a 14:40 for the 2M. Chris Forti finished the 1M 5:19 in and the 2M in 11:50. Bobby Judge ran a 2:32 for the 800m; a 5:30 for the 1M and a 12:20 for the 2M.
January | Miscellaneous
- We had a great showing at the NYRR Night at the Races Meet 3 last Thursday! Olivier Wijtenburg and Bobby Judge represented us in the 800m, finishing in 1:59 and 2:30.
- Jessy Scarpone placed 1st OA in the 5000m, finishing in 17:41. She was followed by Carolina Pena (18:04-5th OA); Brigette Kolson (18:30-9thOA); Emmi Aguillard (18:32-10th OA) and Tessa Benau (19:32).
- We had the following men competing in the 5000m: Matt Maline (16:20); Olivier Wijtenburg (16:38); Cory Helder (16:45); Chris Forti (17:25); Michael Fosco (17:33); Alex Noble (17:38); Ryan Hepworth (17:39); Terrence McGovern (18:30); Stephen Wo (18:55); Daniil Blinov (19:33) and Bobby Judge (20:09).
- Our women placed FIRST at the 2017 NYRR Fred Lebow Manhattan Half Marathon! Kendall Lyons (1:25:09) placed 4th OA for the women and 1st in her AG. She was followed by Kristen Anderson (1:37:08-10th AG); Genevieve Coffey (1:38:24-7th AG); Margot Yopes (1:42:21) and Carol Stickler (1:42:39-4th AG). Dan Barnes placed 12 OA and 2nd in his AG, finishing in 1:19:28! David Goldfarb (1:22:07) and Bobby Liu (1:25:29) placed 5th and 4th in their AG.
- Jerlyn Thomas was the 10th woman OA at the Coldwater Rumble 52K, finishing in 6:59:29.
- We had a few Whippets representing us at the Charleston Half Marathon last Sunday! Bianca Jackson (1:25:52) and Francesca DeLucia (1:26:06) placed 2nd and 3rd OA for the women! They were followed by Emmi Aguillard (1:28:03); Laura Huselton (1:30:51); Leah Robbins (1:41:06) and Meredith Nadler (1:48:48).
- Jordan Rose placed 1st in his AG and 7th OA at the SRC 10 Mile Run to the Blue Point Brewery, finishing in 59:14.
- At the NYRR Night at the Races last Thursday, Jessy Scarpone won the 3000 in 10:11! Olivier Wijtenburg ran the 1000 in 2:38and then proceeded to run the 3000 in 9:38. Bobby Blackk ran a 3:17 in the 1000, a 1:50 in the 600, and an 11:47 in the 3000.
- At the NYCRUNS Cocoa Classic 10 Miler, Thomas Garvey placed 2nd in his AG and 6th OA, finishing in 1:06:21. Jenna Moulton (1:17:20) placed 5th for the women and 2nd in her AG.
- Michael Fosco placed 3rd OA in the 5 Miler, finishing in 32:19.
For 2016 results, go here.
For results prior to 2016, go here.