The 2017 Dashing Whippets Track Meet will be on Sat, April 22, 2017 at the East River Park Track, (East 6th Street and the East River). Registration opens at 8:00. First event is at at 8:30 am.
Official Charity Partner: Girls on the Run, NYC Council
Girls on the Run inspires girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. A portion of the revenue of the event will be presented to Girls on the Run at the conclusion of the track meet.
Thank you to our Gold Level Sponsors
Thank you to our Silver Level Sponsors (Prizes and Event Support)
- Custom Performance/ New York Custom PT and Performance
- Citi Bike. New York’s popular bike sharing system.
- Brooklyn Roasting Company: 100% Fair Trade and 100% Delicious Coffee
- CityRow: A Smarter Workout for Better Results
- Verday Chlorophyll Water. Delicious and refreshing!
- Eat Your Coffee: Nutritious, caffeinated energy bars
Officially Certified, Sanctioned and Officiated By USA Track & Field
Order of Events:
- 5000 meters
- 1 mile
- 4 x 200 meter relay
- 400 meters
- 800 meters
- Distance Medley Relay (1200 – 400 – 800 – 1600)
- 4 x 400 meter relay
The 5000 will start at 8:30 and the 1 mile will start at 9:30 at the earliest (maybe later if the 5000 runs long. The schedule will be rolling after that. Women’s heats will be before men’s heats.
The cost to enter is $15 (plus $1.82 processing fee) to run as many events as you want to run. The meet will be USATF sanctioned and officiated by USATF officials.
The Mile is designated a New York State Championship Mile by the RRCA.
Please email email@example.com with any questions. Registration link: