There are many benefits of being a member of the Dashing Whippets. In addition to the camaraderie at our runs and races and the social and competitive setting the team provides, member benefits include:
- Group coaching
- Organized training plans for a variety of distances from the mile to the marathon, including specific plans for the New York City and Boston marathons, and the NYC and Brooklyn Half Marathons
- Ten or more group runs and coached workouts in several locations in Manhattan and Brooklyn each week with a wide range of pacing groups
- Social and volunteer events
- A weekly email newsletter with updates on upcoming social, running events and races and recent race results
- Well organized discussion groups on Meetup.com and Facebook, where our athletes share ideas, discuss gear and shoes, and learn from each other
- … and much more!
Why don’t you join us today for a 90-day trial?
We also provide perks to our members, which include:
- Discounts for team members at Running Warehouse, Generation UCAN, Skora, Powerbar, Zipcar, National/Enterprise Car Rental, and Choice Hotels
- A chance to win one of several spots given to the team to run in the New York City Marathon
- Chances to win great products from running companies such as Brooks, Saucony, and Smith Optics
- Participation in an extensive shoe testing project with Skechers, where participants receive a free pair of shoes and have the chance to become a sponsored athlete and brand ambassador
- Regular seminars from running experts, coaches and physical therapy professionals like Finish Line Physical Therapy, Liz Maiuolo, Alexander Technique, and Russell Stram, a team member and acupuncturist
A special note to our members: If you know of organizations that could benefit from a partnership with our team, please contact Matthew Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dashing Whippets Running Team, Inc. is a Charitable and Educational Corporation under the Not-for-Profit Law of the State of New York, and a Tax-Exempt Organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. All contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.