Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Races Nearing Capacity
If an upcoming race is nearing capacity and you want to do it, make sure to register! It’s almost impossible to get in once the race fills up.
- Harry Murphy XC 5k: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- NYC 60k: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Race to Deliver 4M: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- If you are doing the Newport Half tomorrow, our NJ chapter has a Meetup for it. RSVP and join their meetup site if you’re interested here: https://www.meetup.com/
- They are also organizing a post-race brunch. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are co-organizing a scavenger hunt with NBR on 9/22. Information is on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/
- Eric Passmore is hosting a trail run in CT. See information here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Russ is hosting an open house on September 18th. Stop by to discuss any injuries you might have and how Russ can mix acupuncture and PT to help: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you would like to join teammates at the NYCM Volunteer Station, see information here and make sure to register on NYRR: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’d like to join teammates at the team NYCM cheer station, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’d like to cheer at the Bronx 10M, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- And if you are doing the Bronx 10M, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the Philly Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women took 3rd place at the 2019 New Balance 5th Avenue Mile. Laura Gann was the first Whippet woman to break five minutes in the mile, finishing in 04:58. She was followed by Emmi Aguillard (05:08); Ellyn Atkinson (05:09); Alison Lindsay (05:17) and Khia Kurtencah (05:17). Kathleen Servidea (05:34) and Barbara Mann placed (05:36) placed 4th and 5th in her AG.
- Matan Korrub and Darragh Halpenny placed 8th and 2nd in their AG, finishing in 04:41 and 04:43. Matthew Wong (04:48); Terrence McGovern (04:50) and Scott Batten (05:02) placed 3rd, 5th and 6th in their AG.
- Juliana Ross ran a 5 min 52 sec PR of 1:32:28 at the Harrisburg Half Marathon, placing 8th OA for the women.
2019 Points Races
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Staten Island Half (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- TCS New York City Marathon (full): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYCM Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_NYC_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Berlin Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Berlin_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Chicago_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Philadelphia Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Philly_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
We now have four chapters of the team! If you have friends in Boston, Westchester, or NJ, please send them the following links:
- Boston: https://www.meetup.com/
- NJ: https://www.meetup.com/
- Westchester: https://www.meetup.com/
Sarah Sanborn, our massage partner, has a special rate for us:
1 massage: $126 per massage (10% off the usual price of $140)
2 massages: $245
3 massages: $360
5 massages: $550
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Therapeutic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: