Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Races Nearing Capacity
If an upcoming race is nearing capacity and you want to do it, make sure to register! It’s almost impossible to get in once the race fills up.
- Percy Sutton 5k: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Henry Isola XC: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Save the date for July 27 after Team Championships. We will be having our summer party that day. Details to come soon!
- RSVP here if you are doing Team Championships! https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the third Tuesday Night Speed Series, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Thanks to Laura Gann, who is going to moderate a nutrition seminar with Claire Shorenstein, MS, RD, CDN on August 14. Information here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the Retro 4M, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- And the Brooklyn RUN 5k: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’d like to attend the next trail run that Eric is planning, check out details here:https://www.meetup.com/
- Check out all of the team’s training plans here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
VDOT Training Plans
If you would like to sign up for the training plans on our VDOT app for the Philadelphia Marathon, see the links below:
- Intermediate Philadelphia Marathon Plan: https://www.meetup.com/
- Advanced Philadelphia Marathon Plan: https://www.meetup.com/
If you missed the signups for our other fall marathons or the short distance plan, please email the coaches at email@example.com!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women took first place at the 2019 Front Runners New York LGBT Pride Run 5M. Ellyn Atkinson (30:35) and Jessica Chichester (31:03) placed 9th and 10th OA. Lauren Dorsky placed 3rd in her AG, finishing in 32:23. Genevieve Coffey (32:45) and Anne-Laure White (33:00) both placed 4th in their AG.
- David Lamb placed 5th OA, finishing in 25:56 and leading the men to 3rd place. He was followed by Emmett Gross (27:38-5th AG); James Stucker (28:13-10th AG); Karlo Mendoza (28:48-3rd AG); John Whelchel (30:13).
- Molly Wawrzyniak and Julie McElroy placed 8th and 2nd in their AG, finishing in 33:35 and 33:54. Bobby Liu (30:32) and Scott Batten (31:36) placed 5th and 3rd in their AG. Brett Slater placed 4th in his AG, finishing in 35:48.
July 4th race results coming next week!
2019 Points Races
- Team Championships (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Staten Island Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- TCS New York City Marathon: https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Spring/Summer short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYCM Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_NYC_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Berlin Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Berlin_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Chicago_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Philadelphia Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Philly_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
We now have four chapters of the team! If you have friends in Boston, Westcheester, or NJ, please send them the following links:
- Boston: https://www.meetup.com/
- NJ: https://www.meetup.com/
- Westchester: https://www.meetup.com/
Sarah Sanborn, our massage partner, has a special rate for us:
1 massage: $126 per massage (10% off the usual price of $140)
3 massages: $360
5 massages: $550
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: