Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Do you live in NJ and are you a member of the Whippets (or know of any potential NJ members)? If so, we are starting up a Meetup group to organize runs in NJ. We’ll be starting in the Jersey City/Hoboken area as well as Sparta (where Billy Washer lives), but can create Meetups for runs in other areas too, potentially. Check out the Meetup site here:https://www.meetup.com/
Dashing-Whippets-New-Jersey (will be filling out the calendar with runs this week).
- Thanks to everyone who helped organize or volunteer at the track meet yesterday! The meet wouldn’t have been a success without all of you. The results will be out soon, we promise (thanks Chris!).
- If you’d like to be matched with people your pace for the Brooklyn Half, fill out this form here:https://forms.gle/
- If you are doing the Brooklyn Half, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- To do an easy run to pick up your Brooklyn Half bib, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- For the Brooklyn Half Post Points Pints, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- To volunteer at the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge water station, RSVP here:https://www.meetup.com/
- Make sure to register for Team Championships (https://www.nyrr.org/races-
and-events/2019/nyrr-team- championships-5m) and the Bronx 10M (https://www.nyrr.org/races- and-events/2019/new-balance- bronx-10-mile) as these are the next open team points races!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Emmi Aguillard (17:43) was the 6th woman OA at the NYRR Newport Fiesta 5K and led our women to 2nd place. Khia Kurtenbach (18:36) and Rose Willey (19:15) placed 4th and 5th in their AG. Genevieve Coffey (19:19) and Lauren Lopez (19:52) placed 6th and 4th in their AG.
- On the men side, Kerome Bramwell (16:33) placed 9th in his AG. He was followed by John Whelchel (17:07); Michael Fosco (17:26); Jonathan Epstein (18:06) and James Turley (18:32).
- Celeste Hoelzl (19:57) and Lauren Dorsky (20:05) both placed 9th in their AG. Danielle Lipschutz (20:02) and Lacey Greenwalt (20:22) placed 10th and 6th in their AG. Jacquii Alexander (21:36) and Meghan Hom (24:21) placed 3rd and 1stin their AG. Marc Rehmanplaced 9th in his AG, finishing in 21:31.
- Kaitlyn Kiernan Bartolone ran a PR of 3:06:23 at the Great Limerick Run Marathon, placing 6th OA for the women.
- Brian Reis placed 10th in his AG at the Pittsburgh Marathon, running a PR of 2:51:48.
- Michael Cosentino placed 5th in his AG at the Toronto Marathon, running a new PR of 2:58:11.
- Dave McGrath finished the North Face Endurance Challenge: New York (51M) in 11:45:01.
2019 Points Races
- Popular Brooklyn Half (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Queens 10K (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Team Championships: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Staten Island Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- TCS New York City Marathon: https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- 2019 Winter/Spring 5k-10k: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2018/12/DWRT_ TrainingPlan_Winter2019_ ShortDistance.pdf
- Brooklyn Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
- Real Estate: Karen Burman https://www.elliman.com/real-
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: