Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- We have our annual meeting of the membership on February 27. Info here:https://www.meetup.com/
- The Healthy Kidney 10k is nearing capacity! https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- The Queens 10k is now open: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- So is the Bronx 10M: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- And the Staten Island Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Noel is leading a volunteering event at the NYC Half. Information is here:https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 258951008/. Make sure to register on myNYRR under the team name!
- The coaches are holding a NYC Half strategy session. Information is here:https://www.meetup.com/
- Patricia is bringing back the Brooklyn Wednesday night easy run. Information here:https://www.meetup.com/
- We have a date for the Whippets Track Meet! It will be on May 11 at the East River Park. The registration site is here: http://trackmeet.
- On March 27, Emmi and a colleague at Finish Line PT will lead the Whippets through a strength class demoing different exercises, then give a brief presentation on the importance of strength training. Information here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the USATF NY/ NJ Indoor Championships, Christ Forti represented us in the 5000m, finishing in 17:38 and placing 5thOA (1st in AG). Katie Edwards ran a PR in the 5000 in 19:01. In the 400, Chris Coulston ran 56.91. Fred Hines ran a 9:25 in the 3000. Scott Batten ran 2:20.84 in the 800 and Jeremy Arthur ran 2:21.10. And the masters 4×400 team won the relay in 3:56.38.
2019 Points Races
1. Washington Heights 5K: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
2. UAE Healthy Kidney 10K (nearing capacity): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
3. Popular Brooklyn Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
4. NYRR Queens 10K: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
5. Team Championships
6. New Balance Bronx 10 Mile: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
7. NYRR Staten Island Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
8. TCS New York City Marathon: https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
9. NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- 2019 NJ Marathon: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 Boston Marathon: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 NYC Half: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 Winter/Spring 5k-10k: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2018/12/DWRT_ TrainingPlan_Winter2019_ ShortDistance.pdf
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Run S.M.A.R.T. Program Roll-out
For information on the new Run S.M.A.R.T program the coaches are using, check out the presentation Megan put together here: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
After you sign up for the app, to get training plans pushed to you on the Run S.M.A.R.T. app, email email@example.com.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2018 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Real Estate: Karen Burman https://www.elliman.com/real-
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: