Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
It was great to see everyone who came to the Golden Hammer Party last weekend! Thanks so much to all of the party planners, including Kevin, Jennie, Matan, Ben (feel better!), Blaise, Branden Warders (thanks for subbing in and taking pictures!), Michael, Chris, and anyone else who helped out along the way!
- The first team points race of the year, the Washington Heights 5k, is nearing capacity:https://www.nyrr.org/races-
and-events/2019/nyrr- washington-heights-salsa- blues-and-shamrocks-5k
- Many other spring NYRR races are now open, including the second points race of the year – the Healthy Kidney 10k: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- The Brooklyn Half is open for people with guaranteed entry. The race will be on May 18 and registration for all opens on January 30 at noon. If you have guaranteed entry, you can sign up through January 23. https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Registration for the NYC Marathon is now open through February 14. Info here:https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- If you are doing the Fred Lebow Half this weekend, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the Gridiron 4M, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The USATF NY Indoor track championships are on February 10. Info here:https://www.meetup.com/
- We have a date for the Whippets Track Meet! It will be on May 11 at the East River Park. The registration site is here: http://trackmeet.
- The coaches are uploading the 2019 Boston Marathon Plan on the Run Smart app. More plans to follow. RSVP here if you would like to have it uploaded to your account!https://www.meetup.com/
- The intermediate NJ Marathon Plan is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Advanced NJ Marathon Plan: https://www.meetup.com/
- Intermediate NYC Half Plan: https://www.meetup.com/
- Advanced NYC Half Plan: https://www.meetup.com/
If you have any questions, email the coaches at email@example.com!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The NYRR Jon Kleinerman 10K was the first NYRR race of 2019 and our women placed 1st. Alison Lindsay (39:28), Theresa Rush (40:01) and Lauren Dorsky (40:38) placed 6th, 9th and 10th overall. They were followed by Suzanne Leslie (43:10-10th AG) and Emily Goncalves (45:28).
- On the men side, Justin Shane (36:10); Garrett Burger (36:50) and David Goldfarb (36:56) placed 4th, 8th and 9th in their AG. Michael Cosentino and Ralf Holzer both placed 2nd in their AG, finishing in 37:46 ans 39:25. Bobby Liu (39:05) and Antonio Sanchez (40:52) placed 5th and 1st in their AG. Hamish Alexander ran a three-minute PR of 48:11.
- Jonathan Epstein negative-split his way to a 3:27:13 at the Tiberias Marathon in Israel.
- Madeline Foster finished the Honolulu Marathon in 4:54:32.
- John Castonguay ran the Walt Disney World Marathon in 3:04:20.
- Several Whippets participated in the Night at the Races at the Armory on January 10. Those included: Alison Lindsay (10:18 in the 3000), Khia Kurtenbach (10:20), Laura Gann (10:34), Grace Bowen (10:39), Carly Graham (10:43), Molly Wawrzyniak (10:46), Emmi Aguillard (11:01), and Katie Edwards (11:06).
- The men’s 3000 included Spencer Zidarich (9:00), Fred Hines 9:35, and Leonel Perez 10:20.
- In the 1000, Billy Washer ran 2:56, Matan Kurrub 3:03, Michael Cosentino 3:04, and David Liu 3:06.
- And in the men’s 600, Matthew Wong ran 1:33, Chris Coulston 1:34, and Joe Lipari 1:39.
2019 Points Races
1. Washington Heights 5K: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
2. UAE Healthy Kidney 10K: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
3. Popular Brooklyn Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
4. NYRR Queens 10K
5. Team Championships
6. New Balance Bronx 10 Mile
7. NYRR Staten Island Half
8. TCS New York City Marathon: https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
9. NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- 2019 NJ Marathon: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 Boston Marathon: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 NYC Half: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 Winter/Spring 5k-10k: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2018/12/DWRT_ TrainingPlan_Winter2019_ ShortDistance.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
DWRT’s 2018 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: