Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Chris and Megan are moderating a NYC Marathon strategy session this Wednesday. I believe Sammy Creath and Anthony Amato are on the panel. Information is here:https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re doing the NYC Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The post marathon party info is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The NYC Marathon cheer station info is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- We have new long sleeved t-shirts! Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The last open points race of the year is the Ted Corbitt 15k. Information is here:https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- There are some great XC meets coming up. One is the NYRR Fred Lebow Cross Country Championships is on November 18: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
and-events/2018/nyrr-fred- lebow-cross-country- championships-5k
- And the USATF-NY championship meet is on November 11: http://newyork.usatf.org/
Events/2018/2018-USATF-New- York-Association-Open— Masters-Cro.aspx
- Michael was able to procure a discount on Picky Bars. You can use “Dashing40” as a discount code. You can also join a PickBars Club (not sure what that is) and the code is “DashingClub”!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Congratulations to Martina, who gave birth to a baby boy this week! If the results writeup is only half as good, that’s because I’m doing it instead of her this time around.
- At the Staten Island Half, the men’s open team came in 4th place an the women came in 3rd. Our masters teams were 4th and 5th, respectively, and our 50+ teams were 3rd and 6th. Great work!
- Our top five men were Jordan O’Donoghue (1:10:58), Ryan Prout (1:12:01), Stephen Bione 1:13:06, Cameron Coneys (1:13:12), and Garrett Burger (1:14:45). The top five women were Ellyn Atkinson (1:22:47), Grace Bowen (1:25:24), Emmi Aguillard (1:26:42), Jill Czarnik (1:27:14), and Lauren Dorsky (1:28:17).
- I believe the following people also had PRs: Yoonseok Lee (1:26:29), Kerome Bramwell (1:19:46), Jennifer Marchuk 1:31:30, Lacey Greenwalt (1:32:39), Danielle Latino (1:34:34), Naomi Keena (1:39:25), Joseph Cassidy (1:51:25), Logan Thompson (1:53:29), and Joyce Ong (2:05:06). Great work!
2018 Points Races
- TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (full): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.260980173. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Fall 5k-15k plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Massage Packages at Body Balance NYC
Nicole, at our massage partner – Body Balance NYC is offering us some great massage packages. Check them out here: https://bodybalancenyc.com/
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Run S.M.A.R.T. Program Roll-out
For information on the new Run S.M.A.R.T program the coaches are using, check out the presentation Megan put together here: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
After you sign up for the app, to get training plans pushed to you on the Run S.M.A.R.T. app, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2018 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/