Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- If you’re doing the Chicago Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re doing the NYC Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Eric is planning a trail run this weekend. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The Staten Island Half is nearing capacity! Register here: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- If you are racing the Boston Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our men placed 1st at the 2018 TCS New York City Marathon Training Series 18M. Nick Grinlinton (1:58:19) placed 5th in his AG. He was followed by David Goldfarb (1:58:20-3rd AG); Kyle Oppenheimer (2:00:06-4th AG); Olivier Dessyn (2:04:14-6th AG) and Hiroyuki Tamura (2:09:52).
- The women placed 2nd thanks to Maggie Mocete (2:14:29-6th AG); Lacey Greenwalt (2:21:31-7th AG); Elena Varas Saiz (2:22:58-8th AG); Adiel Schmidt (2:25:29-9th AG) and Natalie Kurzyna (2:28:30).
- Erin Seglem placed 1st OA for the women at the NYRR 2018 Kurt Steiner Cross Country 5K, finishing in 22:18. Mark Heller (25:20) and Megan Jones (29:37) placed 2nd and 7th in their AG.
- We had some outstanding performances at the BMW Berlin Marathon! Richard Nacin (2:59:31) and Matan Korrub (2:58:22) ran their first sub-3 marathon! Young Cho ran a PR of 03:00:22. Congratulations also to Meghan Bongartz (03:12:43); Lindsay Albala (3:20:50); Rose Willey (3:25:11) and Alex Demosthenes (3:32:46).
- Ivette Mejia, Samantha Creath, Alana Kopelson, and Katherine Edwards, represented us at the Rock n Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon, finishing in 1:14:55, 1:23:54, 1:28:55, and 1:29:08.
- Stephen Gnoza placed 8th OA (2nd AG) at the Boulder Field 18-miler Trail Race, finishing in 2:34:30. Stephanie Gnoza ran the Boulder Field 50K, finishing in 7:41:46.
- Luis Lopez-Oliveros (19:47) placed 9th in his AG at the Go Nuts for Donuts 5K.
- At the Miles for Manufacturing 5k, Adam Beilman (19:13) beat his high school PR and placed 3rd in his AG!
2018 Points Races
- Staten Island Half (10/14/2018) (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (full): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.260980173. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Summer 5k-10k Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Massage Packages at Body Balance NYC
Nicole, at our massage partner – Body Balance NYC is offering us some great massage packages. Check them out here: https://bodybalancenyc.com/
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2018 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: