Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Make sure to sign up for the next two points races! The Percy Sutton 5k is nearing capacity: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- And the Fifth Avenue Mile is on September 9. Certain heats are nearing capacity, including the men’s and women’s 30-34 age group and the men’s and women’s 40-49 age group: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Leah is doing a yoga class tomorrow hosted by Russ at Runner Clinic NYC. Only 4 spots left! Check out the details here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re interested in running in the morning, check out our Wednesday morning runs:https://www.meetup.com/
- Eric is hosting a trail run in CT this weekend. Check out information here:https://www.meetup.com/
- Nicole, at our massage partner – Body Balance NYC, is offering us some great massage packages. Check them out here: https://bodybalancenyc.com/
Run S.M.A.R.T. Program Roll-out
For information on the new Run S.M.A.R.T program the coaches are using, check out the presentation Megan put together here: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
After you sign up for the app, to get training plans pushed to you on the Run S.M.A.R.T. app, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
2018 Points Races
- Percy Sutton 5K (Nearing capacity! – 8/25/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (some heats are nearing capacity! – 9/9/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Bronx 10M (9/30/2018) (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (10/14/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (full): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.260980173. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Summer 5k-10k Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Fifth Avenue Mile/Track Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
Thank you to our race partners Philadelphia Marathon, Broad Street Run, Hartford Marathon and Fort Lauderdale A1A Marathon. See Meetup for $10 and 15% off discount codes for Hartford and Fort Lauderdale, here: https://www.meetup.com/
DWRT’s 2018 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: