Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Make sure to sign up for the next two points races! The Percy Sutton 5k is on August 25:https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- And the Fifth Avenue Mile is on September 9: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- There is a post-East River workout cookout this week! Check out details here:https://www.meetup.com/
- And RSVP to the workout here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re new to the team, all of our runs would be great, but the Monday run is usually a great first run. Here’s info: https://www.meetup.com/
Local Competitive Corral in the NYC Marathon
If you’ve run these times since January 1, 2017, let me know and I’ll send you a link to fill out to enter the local competitive corral in the NYC Marathon:
Men Marathon Half-Marathon
18–34 2:53 or better 1:21 or better
35–39 2:55 or better 1:23 or better
40–44 2:58 or better 1:25 or better
45–49 3:05 or better 1:28 or better
50–54 3:14 or better 1:32 or better
55–59 3:23 or better 1:36 or better
60–64 3:34 or better 1:41 or better
65–69 3:45 or better 1:46 or better
70–74 4:10 or better* 1:57 or better
75–79 4:30 or better* 2:07 or better
80+ 4:55 or better* 2:15 or better
Women Marathon Half-Marathon
18–34 3:13 or better 1:32 or better
35–39 3:15 or better 1:34 or better
40–44 3:26 or better 1:37 or better
45–49 3:38 or better 1:42 or better
50–54 3:51 or better 1:49 or better
55–59 4:10 or better* 1:54 or better
60–64 4:27 or better* 2:02 or better
65–69 4:50 or better* 2:12 or better
70–74 5:30 or better* 2:27 or better
75–79 6:00 or better* 2:40 or better
80+ 6:35 or better* 2:50 or better
Run S.M.A.R.T. Program Roll-out
For information on the new Run S.M.A.R.T program the coaches are using, check out the presentation Megan put together here: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
After you sign up for the app, to get training plans pushed to you on the Run S.M.A.R.T. app, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women placed 3rd at the 2018 NYRR Team Championships. Ingrid Wells placed 8th OA, finishing in 29:10. Anoush Shehadeh (29:23); Jessy Scarpone (29:55) and Jessica Chichester (29:57) placed 1st, 7th and 9th in their AG. They were followed by: Emmi Aguillard (30:47); Samantha Creath (30:50); Brigette Kolson (31:01); Rebecca Verrone (31:22-7th AG); Carly Graham (31:34) and Molly Wawrzyniak (31:41).
- The men placed 5th thanks to: Cory Helder (26:33); Karlo Mendoza (26:58-8th AG); Jeremy Arthur (27:05); Jordan Odonoghue (27:17); Stephen Bione (27:27); Spencer Duhaime (27:58); William Washer (28:42); Jordan Rose (28:49) and Michael Fosco (28:49).
- For the Masters, the women took 7th place. They were led by Barbara Mann (33:17), who placed 6th in her AG. She was followed by Carol Stickler (35:26-8th AG) and Patricia Choux (37:03).
- The man placed 4th thanks to Chris Dawes (28:55-7th AG); Ning Zhou (29:51-10th AG); Matthew Wong (29:59); Jonathan Kline (30:02-1st AG) and Bobby Liu (30:04).
- Both the women and the men placed 1st at the NYRR R-U-N 5K! Lauren Dorsky was the 10th woman overall and finished in 20:24. Jesse Baldwin-Philippi (20:36); June Luo (21:05); Rachel Jonas (21:13) and Natalie Kurzyna (21:16) pcaed 6th, 7th, 6th and 3rd in their AG. Kyle Oppenheimer (17:18); Travis Burkel (17:20) and Eric Buscarino (17:36) placed 3rd, 4th and 6th OA. They were followed by Justin Shane (18:18) and Timothy Pedrotty (18:22), who placed 2nd and 6th in their AG.
- Richard Nacin placed 10th OA and 4th in his AG at the Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Runs 50M, finishing in 9:54:53.
2018 Points Races
- Percy Sutton 5K (Full – 8/25/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (9/9/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Bronx 10M (9/30/2018) (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (10/14/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (register by 2/15!): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.260980173. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Summer 5k-10k Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Fifth Avenue Mile/Track Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Thank you to our race partners Philadelphia Marathon, Broad Street Run, Hartford Marathon and Fort Lauderdale A1A Marathon. See Meetup for $10 and 15% off discount codes for Hartford and Fort Lauderdale, here: https://www.meetup.com/
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/