Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- All of our apparel is now at one spot at our awesome sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
- Our new jackets are finally in! You can purchase them here: https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 246714945/. Pictures to be posted on Facebook soon.
- Our annual Golden Hammer Party is on January 27! Purchase your ticket here. Early birds get a deal ($50 each up to 120 people!):https://www.meetup.com/
- Make sure to register for the Brooklyn Half by 1/23 if you have guaranteed entry. If you don’t, make sure to sign up shortly after it opens on 1/31. This race has sold out in less than an hour in the past! Info on the race here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2018/popular-brooklyn- half and RSVP here:https://www.meetup.com/ dashing-whippets/events/ 246664750/
- We are delighted to announce that joining our 2018 Roster of Wellness Partners is Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy, a running/cycling/sports oriented physical therapy clinic on the upper west side. For more info, please see their site: http://sloanestecker.com/
- The USATF NY Indoor Track Championships are on 2/11 at Ocean Breeze. Here’s info: https://www.meetup.com/
- The first team points race of 2018 is the Washington Heights 5k, which is now open:http://www.nyrr.org/
races-and-events/2018/nyrr- washington-heights-salsa- blues-and-shamrocks-5k
- The second points race, the Healthy Kidney 10k in April is also open: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The Gridiron 4M is nearing capacity: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- If you are doing the NJ Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Congratulations to Jonathan Kline for being named the USATF-NY Masters Runner of the Month for December for his performance in the Ted Corbitt 15k: http://newyork.usatf.org/News/
- At the NYRR Night at the Races Meet 2, Meghan Bonghartz (3:16.83) and Karlo Mendoza (2:52.46) represented us in the 1000m. Meghan set a new team record for the women.
- Jeremy Arthur (1:34.14) broke the team’s 600m indoor record. Meghan Bonghartz finished the race in 1:52.74.
- We had the following team members competing in the 3000m: Hugh Parker (8:55.78); Karlo Medoza (9:35.18); Young Cho (10:41.01) and Carly Graham (10:41.78).
2018 Points Races
1. Washington Heights 5K (3/4/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
2. UAE Healthy Kidney 10K (4/29/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
3. Brooklyn Half (5/19/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
4. Queens 10K (6/16/2018)
5. Team Champs (7/28/2018)
6. Percy Sutton 5K (8/25/2018)
7. NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (9/9/2018)
8. Bronx 10M (9/30/2018)
9. Staten Island Half (10/14/2018)
10. TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018)
11. Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018)
To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYC Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Boston Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Advanced NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Intermediate NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/