Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- The last team points race is nearing capacity – Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We would love your help raising some funds to continue to improve the team. Check out our Crowdrise here (and thanks so much to everyone who has already donated!): https://www.crowdrise.com/o/
- We have a new discount code to a cool running apparel company called Rabbit Apparel (20% off). Check it out below.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Philly Marathon and Race to Deliver results will be in next week’s Wag!
- Sally Riggs ran the Richmond Marathon in 3:57:54.
- Cici Pandol ran an 8-minute PR at the Bakersfield Marathon, crossing the finish line in 3:45:55.
- At the 2017 USATF New York Open & Masters Cross Country Championships, both our men and our women placed first. Jennie Cohen was the first woman OA, finishing in a time of 41:51. She was followed by Jessy Scarpone (43:02); Brigette Kolson (43:11); Anoush Sheraden (44:41); Kristen Elkins (47:10) and Megan Jones (52:59).
- Garret Burger (38:19) was our first guy. He was followed by Vincent Young (39:29); Chris Forti (39:44); Ethan Rouen (40:44) and Bobby Judge (45:36).
2017 Points Races
- Ted Corbitt (December 9 – nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Team tech shirts are here, only $20, and available at Finish Line PT. Singlets and long sleeved shirts are $20. Jackets are $80 (note: these are available at Custom Performance). To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Fall short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Body Balance NYC, the DWRT Sports Massage Wellness Partner / Fall Promotions!
Body Balance NYC, our team Sports LMT Wellness Partner, has several exciting post-marathon promotions: FIrst, you can sign up for 2 x 1-Hour Sessions for $180. Or, take advantage of 2 x 30 minute sessions for $100. For a single session, use code DASH15 for $15 off any session online.
Body Balance NYC packages also make a perfect gift for your favorite runner. Body Balance is at 124 E 40th St #1001. Email at Info@BodyBalanceNYC.com or, sign up here:
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.com/ And the code is here: https://www.meetup.com/
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT Charitable Matching Program
If you are running a race for charity in 2017, you are eligible for a matching grant from the Dashing Whippets, of up to $50 per person. Thank you to all of our members for making this possible. See “Charity Partners” for details. http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
Physical therapy, acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
Physical therapy: Custom Performance www.nycustompt.com
Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
Orthopaedics: Upper East Orthopaedics PC www.ueortho.com
Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Sports chiropractic, ART, Graston: SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic www.drstevendlevine.com
Dentistry: Bauer Dental Arts www.bauerdentalarts.net
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/