Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- RSVP here if you are doing the NYC Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are putting together NYC Marathon pace groups. Fill out this link if you’d like to be matched up with people your pace: https://goo.gl/forms/
- If you’re not running the marathon and want to cheer with the team at mile 21, info is here: https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 244238146/. There will also be other unofficial Whippet cheer spots along the route.
- The post NYC Marathon party is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- We have a new run in Brooklyn – an easy run on Wednesday evenings. Check it out: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re doing the Dash to the Finish, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Keaton Naff ran 2:38:35 at the Marine Corps Marathon and Blaise Chow ran 3:48:57!
- Jordan Rose placed 14th OA at the Detroit Marathon, finishing in 2:53:55.
- Several Whippets represented us at the Sunnyside Post Mile. Matthew Wong (4:53) placed 1st OA. He was followed by Terrence McGovern (4:59-2nd OA); Eric Morley (4:59-3rd OA) and Leonel Perez (5:20-6th OA).
- At the Hartford Marathon 2017, Gregory Pezolano finished in 3:01:04, Meredith Nadler ran 3:50:26, and Amortya Ray ran a 4:15:55. In the half marathon, James Kelly ran 1:24:56 and Jennie Cohen ran 1:25:49.
- Jonathan Kline ran 17:20 at the USATF Masters 5k National Championships, placing 5th in his age group.
- At the River Run 5k on 10/28, newcomer Becca Verrone ran 18:47 to place 4th, Katie Edwards ran a PR of 19:48. Matthew Wong ran 17:17 and Terry McGovern ran 17:34!
- Stephen Seeler represented us at the Runner’s World Hat Trick Challenge, placing 13th overall, 11th for Gender, and 3rd for Age Group. His 5K time was 19:53, followed by a 43:11 10K and a 1:33:12 half marathon. Keith Slyman ran the half marathon in 1:34:28.
- At the Story by Story Stair Race, David Roeske (4:10) placed 1st OA for the men and Laura Aronsson (5:46) placed 1st OA for the women.
- Juliana Ross (22:07) and Megan Jones (27:24) placed in the top 15 at the USATF NY XC Series #4.
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
2017 Points Races
NYC Marathon (Full):
Ted Corbitt (December 9): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Team tech shirts are here, only $20, and available at Finish Line PT. Singlets and long sleeved shirts are $20. Jackets are $80 (note: these are available at Custom Performance). To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Fall short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT Charitable Matching Program
If you are running a race for charity in 2017, you are eligible for a matching grant from the Dashing Whippets, of up to $50 per person. Thank you to all of our members for making this possible. See “Charity Partners” for details. http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
Physical therapy, acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
Physical therapy: Custom Performance www.nycustompt.com
Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
Orthopaedics: Upper East Orthopaedics PC www.ueortho.com
Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Sports chiropractic, ART, Graston: SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic www.drstevendlevine.com
Dentistry: Bauer Dental Arts www.bauerdentalarts.net
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/