Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- The NYRR club standings are up to date and we are doing great! We’re in solid position for 3rd in the open A women’s division and 4th in the open A men’s division. Our women’s masters team is looking solid for a top three trophy (currently in third) and our women’s 50+ team is in a close battle for second. Our men’s masters team looks to be solidly in fifth place and our men’s 50+ team has an outside shot at a top 3 trophy. Full standings here: http://www.nyrr.org/charities-
- If you’re interested in the Wednesday yoga class at Runner Clinic NYC, info is here: https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 243112242/. Make sure to keep your RSVP up to date since space is limited!
- We are trying out a Brooklyn easy run on Wednesdays starting this week. Check out info here! https://www.meetup.com/
- RSVP here if you are doing the NYC Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are putting together NYC Marathon pace groups. Fill out this link if you’d like to be matched up with people your pace: https://goo.gl/forms/
- If you’re not running the marathon and want to cheer with the team at mile 21, info is here:https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 244238146/. There will also be other unofficial Whippet cheer spots along the route.
- The post NYC Marathon party is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re doing the Philly Marathon, RSVP here! https://www.meetup.com/
- There are a couple of good XC meets coming up! The first is the NYRR Fred Lebow XC Championships on November 19 at Van Cortlandt Park. Info here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The second is the USATF-NY XC Championships on November 12: http://newyork.usatf.org/
Events/2017/2017-USATF-New- York-Association-Open— Masters-Cro.aspx
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP!http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
2017 Points Races
NYC Marathon (Full):
Ted Corbitt (December 9): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Team tech shirts are here, only $20, and available at Finish Line PT. Singlets and long sleeved shirts are $20. Jackets are $80 (note: these are available at Custom Performance). To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Fall short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT Charitable Matching Program
If you are running a race for charity in 2017, you are eligible for a matching grant from the Dashing Whippets, of up to $50 per person. Thank you to all of our members for making this possible. See “Charity Partners” for details.http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
Physical therapy, acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
Physical therapy: Custom Performance www.nycustompt.com
Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
Orthopaedics: Upper East Orthopaedics PC www.ueortho.com
Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Sports chiropractic, ART, Graston: SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic www.drstevendlevine.com
Dentistry: Bauer Dental Arts www.bauerdentalarts.net
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/