Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Just a quick weekly wag piece this week. Results from this weekend will be included in the next one! Congratulations to everyone who ran a marathon or the Staten Island Half this weekend!
- There are a couple of good XC meets coming up! The first is the NYRR Fred Lebow XC Championships on November 19 at Van Cortlandt Park. Info here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The second is the USATF-NY XC Championships on November 12: http://newyork.usatf.org/
Events/2017/2017-USATF-New- York-Association-Open— Masters-Cro.aspx
- We are doing a NYC Marathon strategy session. RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Thanks to Leah and Meredith for teaching the running yoga class over the past year-plus at Runner Clinic NYC. Jessica Chichester’s sister Deborah is going to be taking it over going forward. The next one is here:https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the Philly Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you got into the Boston Marathon, RSVP here. https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 243423316/ Also, let me know if you want to be added to the Boston Marathon Facebook group that Garrett started!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the 2017 NYRR Grete’s Great Gallop 10K, Hugh Parker placed 10th overall for the men, finishing in 33:08. Ryan Hepworth (35:43) and John Narducci (43:35) placed 6th and 5th in their AG.
- Lauren Dorsky placed 4th OA for the women, finishing in 39:37. Eris Saari (48:07) placed 3rd in her AG.
- At the 2017 NYRR Harry Murphy Cross Country 5K, Brigette Kolson placed 4th OA for the women, finishing in 20:22. Cassie Wallance (26:07); Megan Jones (27:07); Mary Haskins (23:25) and Stephanie Gnoza (30:44) placed 5th, 6th, 2nd in their AG.
- Andrew Hadro placed 6th in his AG at the Wine Glass Half Marathon, finishing in 1:20:07.
- Garret Wajala represented was the 12th man OA in the marathon, finishing in 2:47:18.
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP!http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
2017 Points Races
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Team tech shirts are here, only $20, and available at Finish Line PT. Singlets and long sleeved shirts are $20. Jackets are $80 (note: these are available at Custom Performance). To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Fall short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT Charitable Matching Program
If you are running a race for charity in 2017, you are eligible for a matching grant from the Dashing Whippets, of up to $50 per person. Thank you to all of our members for making this possible. See “Charity Partners” for details.http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
Physical therapy, acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
Physical therapy: Custom Performance www.nycustompt.com
Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
Orthopaedics: Upper East Orthopaedics PC www.ueortho.com
Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Sports chiropractic, ART, Graston: SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic www.drstevendlevine.com
Dentistry: Bauer Dental Arts www.bauerdentalarts.net
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/