Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Custom Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- The Fifth Avenue Mile is nearing capacity: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The cheering station info is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Also, make sure to sign up for the Staten Island Half as a good tune up for the marathon: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Info on the post-Percy Sutton brunch is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are doing another nutrition clinic on September 18: https://www.meetup.com/
- Buy our new tech shirts! https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 242176295/. Reminder that these are at Finish Line PT and the rest of our apparel is at Custom Performance.
- We have a new run of singlet! If you are looking for sizes we’ve been out of for awhile, make sure to get into Custom to pick one up! Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’ve run any non-NYRR races recently, fill in your result here (no need for NYRR races!): http://www.dashingwhippets.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Bianca Jackson was the first woman OA at the Peekskill Brewery Mile. She crossed the finish line in 5:10. Sarah Chiles was the second woman in 5:24. Karlo Mendoza was the third male in 4:38. Matthew Wong was fourth in 4:45. Garrett Burger (5:00), James Kelly (5:21), Stephen Wo (5:24), Scott Batten (5:30), Francesca Delucia (5:33), and Jennie Cohen (5:42) also ran strong races.
- At the Brooklyn Mile, Jessy Scarpone ran a 5:12, Carly Graham ran 5:17, Emmi Aguillard ran 5:21, Jeff Latz ran 5:00, and Laura Gann ran 5:29.
- Adam Beilman represented us at the Al Goldstein #7 in Brooklyn last week, finishing in 20:16.
- Peter Pedulla finished the Governors Island 10K in 49:31.
2017 Points Races
- 5th Ave mile (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island half (October 8): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Team tech shirts are here, only $20, and available at Finish Line PT. Singlets and long sleeved shirts are $20. Jackets are $80 (note: these are available at Custom Performance). To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Summer shorter distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Bronx 10M/SI Half Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, Custom Performance , RunnerClinic NYC, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts.
We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Running Warehouse Discount Code
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/