Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Custom Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- We hope you can come to our team summer party at Pig Beach this weekend. All the details here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets have been reduced to $80 from $110. We have some women’s sizes left. You can purchase here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Register for Team Championships: Men: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-men-5m; women: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-women-5m
- If you haven’t run a NYRR race under the team name since Team Champs last year, make sure to run one the July 5ks or you won’t be eligible to race Team Champs this year! Here are the links. Central Park (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-r-u-n-5k; Prospect Park: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/nyrr-brooklyn-r-u- n-5k
- Make sure to sign up for the upcoming points races (see below for links)!
- The Brooklyn Mile should be a great tuneup for the Fifth Avenue Mile: https://www.meetup.com/
- And make sure to register for the Fifth Avenue Mile if you plan on doing it. I’m not sure if it will show as nearing capacity since they will show specific heats filling up on their page. Register soon if you want to do it: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- And the other upcoming points race is the Percy Sutton 5k! http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women placed 3rd at the 2017 Front Runners New York LGBT Pride Run (5M). Lauren Dorsky (31:58) was the 10th woman OA and placed 1st in her AG. She was followed by Chandler Rainey (32:00-6th AG); Katherine Edwards (35:33); Genevieve Coffey (35:55-7th AH) and Naomi Keena (40:16).
- Our men placed 5th thanks to Andrew Hadro (31:22); Dennis Ryan (32:52-9th AG); Young Cho (33:27); Mark Jurgens (35:05) and Zain Cheng (36:09). Mark Heller (38:02) placed 8th in his AG.
- At the 2017 Achilles Hope & Possibility (4M), both Michael Fosco (23:35) and Lauren Dorsky (25:06) placed 1st in their AG. Grace Berry (27:37) placed 2nd in her AG.
- Meghan Bongartz placed 5th in her AG at the Steamboat Classic 4M, finishing in 26:16.
- Martina Di Marco, Stephen Gnoza and Matan Korrub represented us at the Sleepy Hollow Triathlon, placing 1st OA as a relay team and finishing in 1:06:02. Stephanie Gnoza placed 1st in her AG, finishing in 1:20:57.
2017 Points Races
- Team champs (August 5): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-men-5m and http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-women-5m
- Percy sutton (August 26): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- 5th Ave mile (September 10): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island half (October 8): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9)
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are $80. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Summer shorter distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2017/06/dwrt_ trainingplan_summer2017_ shortdistance.pdf
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, Custom Performance , RunnerClinic NYC, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts.
We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/