Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Custom Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- If you haven’t run a NYRR race under the team name since Team Champs last year, make sure to run one the July 5ks or you won’t be eligible to race Team Champs this year! Here are the links. Central Park: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-r-u-n-5k; Prospect Park: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/nyrr-brooklyn-r-u- n-5k
- Make sure to sign up for the upcoming points races (see below for links)!
- Check out Mike Miller’s Sugarloaf Marathon recap here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Mike Miller and Meghan Prin had a good turnout at the first Thursday morning workout and will do it again next week: https://www.meetup.com/
- Remember that we also have a Wednesday morning run: https://www.meetup.com/
- Make sure to RSVP to workouts if you are coming so event hosts know to expect you. It also will make it more likely that others will come if they see a good group is expected!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- A group of Whippets ran and PR’d at the second Al Goldstein 5k in Prospect Park. Matt Maline won in 16:09. Eric Morley was 3rd in a PR of 16:58. Rory Coons, Katie Edwards, and Patricia Tirona also ran big PRs! Andrey Kirichenko ran 20:05 (although I’m not sure if that’s a PR!).
2017 Points Races
- Queens 10k (Full)
- Team champs (August 5): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-men-5m and http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-women-5m
- Percy sutton (August 26): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- 5th Ave mile (September 10): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island half (October 8): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9)
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Summer shorter distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2017/06/dwrt_ trainingplan_summer2017_ shortdistance.pdf
- Fifth Avenue Mile Plan coming soon!
- Fall Marathon plans coming soon!
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, Custom Performance , RunnerClinic NYC, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts.
We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/