Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Custom Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- Check out Stephen Gnoza’s NJ Marathon recap (sorry it took us so long to get it up!): http://www.dashingwhippets.
org/2017/06/01/stephen-gnozas- nj-marathon-recap-reflections- on-a-marathon-training-diet/
- If you are doing the Retro 5M tomorrow, RSVP here and use the Meetup to organize meeting up to warm up or go out for brunch afterward if you like! https://www.meetup.com/
- Mike Miller and Meghan Prin are going to try out a morning workout on Thursday, June 8. We are trying to figure out the best time to do this, so please RSVP and post what time you want to meet them in Central Park: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are organizing a cheer station for the Mini 10k. RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Monday, June 26 will be our next nutrition seminar! Join us for a Nutrition Planning Clinic for the Fall Marathon Season, with nationally-recognized nutritionist and writer Lauren Antonucci, R.D., Director of Nutrition Energy, NYC. This is filling up fast, so RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Stephen Gnoza represented us at the Spring Lake 5M in New Jersey, finishing in 30:18 and placing 6th in his AG.
- Ryan Hepworth (22:40) placed 1st in his AG at the Staten Island Advance Memorial Day 4 Mile Run. Chris Forti ran 23:15 and was second in his AG.
2017 Points Races
- Queens 10k (Full)
- Team champs (August 5): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-men-5m and http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-women-5m
- Percy sutton (August 26): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- 5th Ave mile (September 10): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island half (October 8): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9)
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Summer shorter distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2017/06/dwrt_ trainingplan_summer2017_ shortdistance.pdf
- Fifth Avenue Mile Plan coming soon!
- Fall Marathon plans coming soon!
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, Custom Performance , RunnerClinic NYC, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts.
We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
Two free spin classes at Swerve
We have a deal for two free spin classes at Swerve. Check it out: https://www.meetup.com/
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/