Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Custom Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- We are going to be volunteering at a water station for the Chase Corporate Challenge and need a few more volunteers. A round of drinks on the team afterward if you can come! This will be a good opportunity to cheer for some of our members who are running, like Chris Forti! RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Mike Miller and Meghan Prin are going to try out a morning workout on Thursday, June 8. We are trying to figure out the best time to do this, so please RSVP and post what time you want to meet them in Central Park: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are organizing a cheer station for the Mini 10k. RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Monday, June 26 will be our next nutrition seminar! Join us for a Nutrition Planning Clinic for the Fall Marathon Season, with nationally-recognized nutritionist and writer Lauren Antonucci, R.D., Director of Nutrition Energy, NYC. This is filling up fast, so RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The 2017 Airbnb Brooklyn Half Marathon, a club-point race, took place last Saturday. Our women placed third! Jessy Scarpone, who finished in 1:20:51, placed 10th in her AG. She was followed by Kendall Lyons (1:22:24); Jessica Chichester (1:22:57), who placed 9thin her AG; Francesca DeLucia (1:23:10) and Brigette Kolson (1:24:23).
- The Women Master Team placed fourth. Kathleen Servidea finished in 1:27:07, placing 3rd in her AG. Kim Martineau (1:31:01) and Carol Stickler (1:36:39) both placed 8th in their AG.
- Our men placed sixth. Justin Scheid led the way, finishing in 1:08:40 and placing 3rd in his AG and 15th OA. Luke Baltrusch (1:12:12) placed 9th in his AG. He was followed by William Washer (1:13:41); James Stucker (1:14:45) and David Roeske (1:14:50-7th AG).
- Chris Dawes (1:19:13) placed 6th in his AG, leading the Men Master Team to 5th place. He was followed by Jason Brown (1:24:14) and Bobby Liu (1:26:16). Karlo Mendoza (1:15:45) placed 2nd in his AG. Congrats on their PRs to: Anastasia Voevodin (1:26:48); Dennis Ryan (1:27:02); Cara Rabin (1:32:38); Heather Weneck (1:46:48) and Hamish Alexander (1:58:27).
- A few Whippets represented us at the Sugarloaf Marathon last Sunday! Micheal Miller placed 2nd in his AG and 7th OA, finishing in 2:55:51. Meghan Bongartz (3:11:57) was the 7th woman OA and placed 2nd OA. Selina Sakoto Highstein ran a PR time of 3:44:44.
- Ryan Hepworth placed 4th OA and first in his AG at the NYPD Memorial 5k, running a new PR of 17:06.
- Our women placed first at the NYRR 2017 Japan Run (4M). Lauren Lopez (27:15) and Patricia Choux (27:43) placed 3rd and 2nd in their AG. They were followed by Lauren Theurkauf (29:37), Colleen McKown (29:44) and Elena Varas Saiz (30:30).
- The men took third place. David Roeske (22:20) placed 8th OA. He was followed by Michael Esposito (22:44 – 4th AG), Joshua Whitcraft (22:50 – 3rd AG), Stephen Dennison (24:01) and Rick Thiounn (24:47).
- Nicole Tilzer and Daniela Alvarado placed 1st and 2nd in their AG at the ALS 5K in Miami!
2017 Points Races
- Queens 10k (Full)
- Team champs (August 5): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-men-5m and http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-women-5m
- Percy sutton (August 26): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- 5th Ave mile (September 10): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island half (October 8): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9)
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Shorter distance plan coming soon!
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, Custom Performance , RunnerClinic NYC, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts.
We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
Two free spin classes at Swerve
We have a deal for two free spin classes at Swerve. Check it out: https://www.meetup.com/
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/