Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Finish Line PT, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Dr. Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- If you’re doing the Healthy Kidney, come to the post race party! https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are running Boston, make sure to RSVP https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are running or cheering at the Boston Marathon, come to the post race party: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re doing the NJ Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Our track meet is on April 22! See all the information here: http://trackmeet.
- And register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/
- We would love some help with our track meet. RSVP here to volunteer: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are doing a Brooklyn Half strategy session on May 3: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are doing our annual team meeting on May 10: https://www.meetup.com/
- Do we have any Whippets in NJ? Keith is organizing a Facebook page for NJ members who might want to organize some runs in the Garden State!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women placed second at the NYRR Central Park Spring Classic 10K. Rachel Jacqueline (43:30) placed 7th in her AG. Elizabeth Maiuolo (45:27) and Patricia Choux (45:28) both placed 2nd in their AG. They were followed by Eileen McShane (48:33) and Naomi Keena (48:55).
- The man placed third. Tim McGarry (35:18) placed 9th OA and 2nd in his AG. Ryan Hepworth (37:05) and Michael Esposito (37:22) placed 9th and 4th in their AG. They were followed by Stephen Seeler (38:52) and Jens Kanther (41:23).
- Billy Washer came in 9th overall at the Garden State 10 miler in 55:23!
2017 Points Races
- Healthy Kidney10K (Full):
- Brooklyn half (Full)
- Queens 10k (Full)
- Team champs (August 5)
- Percy sutton (August 26)
- 5th Ave mile (September 10)
- Bronx 10m (September 24): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island half (October 8): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9)
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Boston Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Washington Heights 5k and Healthy Kidney 10k Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Brooklyn Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Dr. Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, RunnerClinic NYC, Finish Line PT, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
Finish Line PT
On Tuesday morning, we will announce that the newest addition to the team’s roster of Wellness Partners is Finish Line Physical Therapy. Please join us in welcoming and thanking Finish Line PT. Finish Line has put together a very nice package of complimentary services to introduce their practice to the Dashing Whippets, including:
Ragnar Discount: $150 off.
Ragnar fans! $150 off! If you’re interested in these four Ragnars, the team has a discount code worth $150 off your team registration. Eligible Ragnars: Pennsylvania (June 2), Reach the Beach (Sept. 15), Adirondacks (Sept. 22), and Wawayanda (Oct. 12).
Info and our code:
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/