Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Dr. Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- Our track meet is on April 22! See all the information here: http://trackmeet.
- And register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/
- If you would like to cheer at the Washington Heights 5k, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- RSVP for the race here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Come to the post race pints event after the race: https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 237967627/ The Queens 10k is nearing capacity. This is the fourth points race of the year and on June 17. Sign up here:http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/nyrr-five-borough- series-queens-10k.
- If you are interested in a Boston Marathon preview run, check out info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The NYRR 10k is (second points race of the year) is now open: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- A new order of singlets has been ordered and should arrive soon (finally)! We also have some winter hats and gloves coming.
- If you are doing the Boston Marathon, make sure to RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Congrats to Perry Anderson, Matan Korrub and Russ Stram, who represented us at the Tokyo marathon last Sunday! With his 3:10:56 finish, Perry punched his ticked to Boston 2018!
- Our men placed 2nd the 2017 NYRR Al Gordon Brooklyn 4M. Olivier Wijtenburg (20:39) placed 4th OA and 2nd in his AG. He was followed by Zach Custer (22:24-5th AG); Spencer Zidarich (22:46-5th AG); Eric Morley (22:51-7thAG) and Jonathan Park (22:52-8th AG). Alex Noble (23:07) and Matthew Wong (27:27) placed 7th in their AG. Fred Hines (23:05) and Michael Fosco (23:09) placed 6th and 1st in their AG. Terrence McGovern (23:26) and Neil Carragher (26:39) both placed 9th in their AG.
- The women took third place thanks to Caitleen Kahn (25:25), who placed 10th OA for the women. She was followed by Lauren Lopez (27:08-9th AG); Elizabeth Maiuolo (28:12-3rd AG); Michelle Lin (28:38) and Patricia Tirona (28:46-5th AG). Sarah Tobin (34:11) placed 5th in her AG.
- Mallory Brennan placed 5th in her AG at the Fort Lauderdale A1A Marathon, finishing in 3:42:47.
2017 Points Races
- Washington Heights 5k (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k
- Healthy Kidney10K (April 9): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Brooklyn half (full) http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Queens 10k (June 17 – nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team champs (August 5)
- Percy sutton (August 26)
- 5th Ave mile (September 10)
- Bronx 10m (September 24)
- Staten Island half (October 8)
- NYC Marathon (full): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
- Ted Corbitt (December 9)
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Boston Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Washington Heights 5k and Healthy Kidney 10k Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- NYC Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Dr. Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
Ragnar Discount: $150 off.
Ragnar fans! $150 off! If you’re interested in these four Ragnars, the team has a discount code worth $150 off your team registration. Eligible Ragnars: Pennsylvania (June 2), Reach the Beach (Sept. 15), Adirondacks (Sept. 22), and Wawayanda (Oct. 12).
Info and our code: