Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Dr. Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- The Queens 10k is nearing capacity. This is the fourth points race of the year and on June 17. Sign up here:http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-five-borough- series-queens-10k. The price increases on February 16
- Our track meet is on April 22! See all the information and register here: http://trackmeet.
- NYRR Club Night is coming up and we’re going to win a ton of awards. RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 237589021/ and purchase tickets here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/nyrr-club-night
- We’d love to have a few more volunteers at the NYC Half at the water table. It’s always a good time. You have to register by 2/28. Do so here: https://mynyrr.nyrr.org/
- We are doing an NYC Half info session. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The NYRR 10k is (second points race of the year) is now open: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- A new order of singlets has been ordered and should arrive soon (finally)! We also have some winter hats and gloves coming.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
2017 Points Races
- Washington Heights 5k (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k
- NYRR 10K (April 9): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Brooklyn half (full) http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Queens 10k (June 17 – nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team champs (August 5)
- Percy sutton (August 26)
- 5th Ave mile (September 10)
- Bronx 10m (September 24)
- Staten Island half (October 8)
- NYC Marathon (November 5): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
- Ted Corbitt (December 9)
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Boston Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Washington Heights 5k and Healthy Kidney 10k Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- NYC Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Dr. Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.