Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
- If you are doing the NYC Marathon, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you aren’t running the marathon, our cheer station is at mile 21. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The post-NYC Marathon party info is here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Just a reminder that we also have a Boston chapter. If you have runner friends in Boston, definitely get them out to a Whippet run up there. Their site is http://boston.dashingwhippets.
- Check out info for the USATF NY XC Championships here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/234003137/. If you join USATF now, it will count for all of 2017 as well!
- And the NYRR XC Champs is here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYRR first quarter of 2017 races are now open! Check them out at http://www.nyrr.org.
- NYC Half registration is open and closes on December 1. Check out info here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We are currently out of men’s medium and large singlets, but we will have good news on that very soon, I promise!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the 2016 NYRR Poland Spring Marathon Kickoff (5M), our women place FIRST! Congrats to Caitleen Kahn (33:11-5th AG); Katie Stiles (33:27-6th AG); Marie Killmond (34:41-2nd AG); Emma Skygebjerg (34:57-4th AG) and Christine Peddy (35:45-3rd AG).
- Congrats to Young Cho on his huge PR of 3:23:07 at the Marine Corps Marathon!
- Jane Seo was the 3rd woman OA at the Run the River 5K, finishing in a time of 19:10.
Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
A deal from our massage wellness partner at Body BalanceMassage
A perfect gift for yourself or your favorite marathoner/ half marathoner. Our team Wellness Partner Body BalanceMassage is offering a two-sports massage for $200 special through the end of the year. This is a perfect opportunity to schedule a massage for this week, and schedule one for after a November marathon. Be sure to bring this email with you, and when you email or call Body Balance, mention that you are with the Dashing Whippets. Check out their site at http://bodybalancenyc.com/.
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
Adidas club run
The DWRT is pleased to be one of the lead team partners to Adidas, one of the world’s largest retailer of high-quality sportswear and running gear. Our next Adidas run is on November 2 at the Adidas store, Broadway and Houston Street. Bag drop is available.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.