Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
- We are doing the metric marathon on 10/1. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- And make sure to fill out the pace form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/e/ 1FAIpQLSdStpsDBDJYODSsEn65aD9q i08Lf85EWiHTpz7Ri0EX9qtR_Q/ viewform
- The next adidas run is on 10/5. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you’re doing the Chicago Marathon and want to meet up with the team to pick up bibs and do a pre-race shakeout run, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- And a pre-race dinner: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- FRNY’s Blue Line Run (last 20 miles of the marathon is on 10/16: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are currently out of men’s medium and large singlets. We’re working on getting more.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the 2016 New Balance Bronx 10-Mile, a NYRR team-point race, our women took 3rd place! Rachael Keller (1:00:12) placed 9th OA for the women. She followed by Jessica Chichester (1:00:55-4th AG); Elizabeth Laseter (1:00:59-5th AG); Brigette Kolson (1:03:31-7th AG) and Jane Seo (1:05:09).
- The men placed 6th. They were led by David Roeske (55:39-3rd) and followed by Lenny Shulgin (57:37); Spencer Zidarich (59:02-7th AG); Jonathan Kline (59:05-1st AG) and Okke Rutte (59:59).
- For the Masters, Jonathan Kline (59:05-1st AG); Seoung Hoon Kang (1:01:32-4th AG) and Bobby Liu (1:03:41) led the men’s team to 6th place. Frank Drury (1:03:51) placed 3rd in his AG.
- The Masters Women’s Team took 5th place thanks to Kim Martineau (1:06:42-3rd AG); Elizabeth Miller (1:13:26) and Eileen Costa (1:13:35). Laura Stephen (1:16:30) placed 8th in her AG.
- At the 2016 New Balance Bronx 5K, our women took 2nd place thanks to Emmi Aguillard (18:53), who placed 5thOA for the women; Lucy Knowlton (20:07-1st AG); Claudia Franco (21:27); Georgina Norton (21:36) and Katrina Bernardo (23:17).
- On the men side, Tom Flanagan placed 5th in his AG, finishing in 18:13.
- Carolina Pena set a new team record in the marathon for the women, finishing the Berlin Marathon in 2:51:31, an 8-minute PR! She was the 24th woman to cross the finish line.
- At the NYCRUNS Squirrel Stampede 5K, Ryan Hepworth placed 3rd OA, finishing in 17:42.
- Anastasia Voevodin finished the Rock N Roll Montreal Half Marathon in 1:33:00, placing 6th in her AG.
- Staten Island Half (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (full): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Bronx 10M/Staten Island Half Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
NYC Marathon Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
Adidas club run
The DWRT is pleased to be one of the lead team partners to Adidas, one of the world’s largest retailer of high-quality sportswear and running gear. Our next Adidas run is on October 5 at the Adidas store, Broadway and Houston Street. Bag drop is available.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.