Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
- The Percy Sutton 5k is still open! This is a points race and should be a great opportunity for us to move up the standings. Sign up here if you want to race! http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The team is doing a post race gathering here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The Staten Island Half is also still nearing capacity. We are in some tight races in the NYRR points series, so please register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The last team points race, the Ted Corbitt 15k is now open. Register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We are currently out of men’s medium and large singlets. We’re working on getting more. Bear with us!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women placed first at the NYRR France Run 8k! Carolina Pena was the 2nd woman OA and finished in 30:20. She was followed by Jane Seo (31:49) and Kim Martineau (32:18), who placed 5th and 8th OA for the women. For 4thand 5th place, we had Claudia Franco (37:43-5th AG) and Serena Hui (39:11).
- On the men side, Peter Sesek (31:13) and Ethan Rouen (31:49) placed 2nd and 6th in their AG.
- We had two first places at the NYCRUNS Governors Island 5K & 10K! Francesca Delucia (19:32) was the first woman who crossed the finish line of the 5K race, while Chandler Rainey (39:22) broke the tape for the 10K.
- Kaitlyn Kiernan placed 1st for the women and 2nd OA at the CASA Superhero 4 miler at the Garrett Mountain Reserve in NJ, finishing in a time of 26:49.
- Percy Sutton 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M (closed): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (full): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110.
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Bronx 10M/Staten Island Half Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- Fifth Avenue Mile Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
1454408/2016%20Fifth%20Avenue% 20Mile%20Plan.xlsx%20-%202016% 20Fifth%20Avenue%20Mile.pdf
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
Adidas club run
The DWRT is pleased to be one of the lead team partners to Adidas, one of the world’s largest retailer of high-quality sportswear and running gear. Our next Adidas run is in September at the Adidas store, Broadway and Houston Street. Bag drop is available.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.