Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
- Team Championships has been moved up one hour to 7:30 am for women and 8:30 am for men. If you haven’t registered yet, but have qualified to run, please sign up. All hands on deck!
- We are organizing a cheer station. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are doing a post-race picnic. Details here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The Staten Island Half is now nearing capacity. We are in some tight races in the NYRR points series, so please register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The last team points race, the Ted Corbitt 15k is now open. Register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We are doing our annual team meeting on August 3. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Make sure to register for our 5k on August 13 here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- And RSVP to help make the race a success by volunteering here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- For those of you who are new, if you have any runner friends in the Boston area, make sure to have them check out our Boston chapter (http://boston.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here:http://www.
- We had a great showing at the Al Goldstein #5 5K in Prospect Park last Wednesday! Mark Degenhart placed first OA, finishing in 16:20. Eric Morley (17:05) placed 4th OA. Tessa Benau, who ran a PR of 19:19, was the first woman OA. Theresa Tufaro (20:15) and Kim Velsey (20:42) followed right after, placing 2nd and 3rd for the women.
- At NYRR Tuesday Night Speed Series on July 12, Olivier Wijtenburg took 1st place in the 800m, finishing in 2:00.3. Jonathan Kline competed in the 400m, finishing in 1:13.3. Chris Forti finished the 3200m race in 11:33.
- Taylor Hartstein finished the VT 100 Endurance Run in 20:12:21!
- Congrats to Jerlyn Thomas for finishing the Panasonic NYC Triathlon, her first Olympic distance triathlon, in 2:47:57!
- Roman Matuska placed 6th for the men and 11th OA at the Montour 24 Endurance Run in Danville, PA.
- At the Party with Purpose 5K in Hoboken, NJ, Jordan Rose (17:16) placed 9th OA and 4th in his AG.
- Men’s Team Champs (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Women’s Team Champs (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Percy Sutton 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M (closed): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (full): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Post-Brooklyn Half Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- Fifth Avenue Mile Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
1454408/2016%20Fifth%20Avenue% 20Mile%20Plan.xlsx%20-%202016% 20Fifth%20Avenue%20Mile.pdf
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
Adidas club run 6:30 pm, August 10.
The DWRT is pleased to be one of the lead team partners to Adidas, one of the world’s largest retailer of high-quality sportswear and running gear. Our next Adidas run is Wednesday, August 10, at 6:30 pm at the Adidas store, Broadway and Houston Street. Bag drop is available.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.